Hallie?

In my never ending quest to find the perfect names for my future children I’ve recently stumbled upon Hallie. I think it’s pretty cute and fits in with my crazy girl-naming theme (must contain an “L”, 2 syllables, and vintage) it has the potential to be perfect but there’s a problem. My future childrens’ last names will be Parker…Hallie Parker is the name of one of the twins from the movie The Parent Trap. I didn’t realize this until I saw it under the Hallie page here on NB. I talked my sisters about it (we have baby name conferences lol) and they said the movie reference didn’t even cross their minds until I mentioned it. So what i’m interested in is your opinions; what do you think of the name Hallie in general? Do you think because it’s the name of a movie character it’s un usable? Help, i’m starting to fall in love with it! haha thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Also, do you think it will get to confusted with [name]Hayley[/name] or other similar names?

I don’t think it’s a big deal; I wouldn’t exactly consider that movie to be a huge sensation (like Titanic) or an enduring classic (like Casablanca). Plus, [name]Parker[/name] isn’t a surname that really stands out.

Well, to be honest the first thing I thought of when I saw that name was The Parent Trap. And then I read farther down and saw that the last name is [name]Parker[/name]. It’s not a deal breaker if it doesn’t bother you but people pointing out or recognizing it will probably depend on their age, I am only a few years younger than [name]Lindsay[/name] Lohan so I have seen the movie multiple times.

@holey that’s true, the most recent one was from the late 90’s so I think mostly other parents would pick up on the similarity haha

@lisaann i was pretty young when the [name]Lindsey[/name] version came out and i’ve seen it probably 50 times, It’s going to be few years before we start TTC so I think it’s safe to say that not many kids by then will make the connection or have even seen the movie haha

thanks to you both! :slight_smile:

I think it will get confused with [name]Hayley[/name] and so on. [name]Hallie[/name]/[name]Hailee[/name]/[name]Hayleigh[/name] etc. are huge.

I think the most distinctive spelling and the most likely to stick in people’s minds is [name]Halle[/name]. That also does distance from Parent Trap a little but it will make people think of [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name]. I think there’s many worse people than [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name] to think of, though? [name]Halle[/name] reads the most tailored and least “kreative” of the spellings, to me.

I loved [name]Hallie[/name] / [name]Halle[/name], but my husband wouldn’t go for it (we are still trying to name our girl twins - lol!)
If you Google any name, there are always people with same / similar - maybe just spell it the different way, as most people won’t know that film when she grows up.
I’m the same, liking 2 x ll’s.
Other names which didn’t make it past home committee -
[name]Matilda[/name] - “[name]Tillie[/name]”
[name]Ottilie[/name] - “[name]Tillie[/name]”
[name]Romilly[/name] - “[name]Romy[/name]” / “[name]Milly[/name]”
Dyllis - “[name]Dilly[/name]”
[name]Camilla[/name] - “[name]Lilly[/name]” / “[name]Milly[/name]”

Good luck!

@stripedsocks thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

@jollins very true, i talked to my partner who is a total movie nerd and they said they didn’t mind the movie connection so looks like it’s in the clear! haha

• Good luck to you, the hubs, and your precious twins!!! :smiley:
    my 2 younger sisters are twins so I know the fun and chaos that lies ahead for you haha

So funny, I used to really like the name [name]Hallie[/name] too and my partners last name is also [name]Parker[/name]! We grew up watching the movie but it the connection to the character wasn’t that much of a concern to me, I didn’t like the thought that it would get mistaken for [name]Hayley[/name], a name that I really dislike (no offense!) and also sounds so similar to [name]Allie[/name] the nn of two Alisons in my friendship circle. [name]Hallie[/name] is very cute though, I think it would sound great with a short and sweet spunky vintage middle.

@babyoneday small world! hahaha, I actually considered [name]Hailey[/name] (that spelling) for while but decided it wasn’t right and i started disliking it, so after that moved though about 3 more names before I stumbled upon [name]Hallie[/name]. I think the mix ups with other names would be my only concern/annoyance but that’s not too bad haha

I agree something vintage-y would work best as mn for [name]Hallie[/name] :slight_smile: thanks for your input!