Hansley

I don’t care for it. The only way I can only picture as it as first name is on an old man at a country club. For a nn though I guess [name]Annie[/name] could work.

Though I only really like the popular [name]Hannah[/name], here are some similar names I like better:
[name]Halsey[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Hartley[/name]

I agree, and I think we are bordering on cute made up names disguised as family surnames that are suitable for girls. If your name is [name]Hansen[/name], I don’t have a problem with that as a middle name in full, it doesn’t have to be feminized or invented or played around with.

Example: My paternal grandmother gave both her daughters surnames in the middle, one after a family friend’s surname (also works as a boy’s first name), and the other, her own maiden name, not very feminine at the time and not really today either, so far. This was after she named 2 boys already and gave them regular first and middle names, although the older son was named after his father and another relative.

Also see other suggestions that already present a sense or established variation of [name]Hansen[/name].

Maybe [name]Hansel[/name] (also a boy’s name, but it is a little soft - when I was little, I could never remember which was [name]Hansel[/name] and which was [name]Gretel[/name], they both sounded like girls names to me).

when I say Hansley it sounds a lot like “handsey”

I understand the meaning behind the name, but Hansley has that “yooneek” name/invented name feel to me, too. I’m sorry. :frowning: It sounds and looks like a hybrid of [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name] or [name]Paisley[/name] to me.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Very very very much dislike.

I have been saying it all week and so far I really love it, I think it goes perfect with Finnely (for twin girls) and yes [name]Hansen[/name] is maiden name…It’s not a made up name I don’t like those either at all!! it is old Norse I found in baby name book…

Hansley [name]Matilda[/name] & Finnely Ethal (middle names are after grandmothers)

or

Hansley Ethal & Finely [name]Matilda[/name]

Definitely sounds like a boy’s name to me. (And not much of one at that - sorry!)

I just want to suggest using [name]Finley[/name]'s authentic spelling. [name]Finley[/name] is spelled “[name]Finley[/name],” not “Finnely,” and misspelling the name “Finnely” in this yooneekly kreeaytiv manner will guarantee your daughter a lifetime of having to correct people’s spelling. :frowning:

[quote=“jill”]I just want to suggest using [name]Finley[/name]'s authentic spelling. [name]Finley[/name] is spelled “[name]Finley[/name],” not “Finnely,” and misspelling the name “Finnely” in this yooneekly kreeaytiv manner will guarantee your daughter a lifetime of having to correct people’s spelling. :-([/quote

I guess I hit two n’s instead of one while typing

I was just thinking of your baby and trying to be helpful, as I hope someone would be for me! :slight_smile:

I like Hansley over [name]Hartley[/name] or [name]Halsey[/name] I think Hansley is easier to say…but thanks for the ideas

Thanks everyone, we just love the name and our family is loving it to! We are down to [name]Finley[/name] or Hansley
we just need some help with middle names…We are open to anything! Here are
some family names [name]Matilda[/name], Ethal, [name]Willamina[/name]

I actually really like Hansley! I like unusual names and I think that if you like use it. It doesn’t matter what other people say about that name as long as you like it because you are the one who will live with it. I definitly vote on Hansley over [name]Finley[/name]. And a plus will be that there will not be another Hansley when she goes to school!

I’m not wild about Hansley for either gender, but I think it sounds much more masculine than feminine. What about [name]Ainsley[/name]? Same sort of sound, but decided feminine.

Ehh…it’s ok. These instead?

[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Hanriette[/name]
[name]Hansine[/name]
[name]Haley[/name]
[name]Halle[/name]
[name]Halsey[/name]
[name]Harleigh[/name]
[name]Harmony[/name]
[name]Havva[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]

[name]Ouch[/name]. Not my style at all. It sounds made up, and honestly, pretty masculine, in my humble opinion. I’d opt for [name]Hazel[/name] or even [name]Hadley[/name], which is still “male/unisex” but less masculine in sound.

If you love it, go for it!

Hansley [name]Grace[/name] is what I like!

Middle names for Hansley or [name]Finley[/name]:

Hansley [name]Caroline[/name]
Hansley [name]Catherine[/name]
Hansley [name]Elizabeth[/name] (with the ETH honoring Ethal)
Hansley [name]Jane[/name]
Hansley [name]Josephine[/name]
Hansley [name]Pearl[/name]
Hansley [name]Violet[/name]
Hansley [name]Victoria[/name]

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I actually really like Hansley, and keeping [name]Hansen[/name] just makes me think of the band with the boys who look like girls.

That may actually be why I’m so opposed to Hansley being a boy’s name…I think it sounds like a cute name for a girl.