Happy Birthday, Pam!!! (April 10th)

The Nameberry bus is back in town to celebrate a very special day: the birth of the almighty [name]Pamela[/name] [name]Redmond[/name] Satran, one-half of the amazing duo behind the glory that is Nameberry! [name]Happy[/name] Birthday, [name]Pam[/name]!!! Woo-hoo!!! In [name]Pam[/name]'s honor, cake (a yellow cake decorated with a [name]Brady[/name] Bunch theme) and ice cream (chocolate, vanilla, and mint chocolate chip) will be served on the veranda for the next 24 hours.

[name]Pam[/name], for your Birthday, I’m giving you: an Easy Bake Oven (I know you’ve been waiting all year for this), an [name]Oprah[/name] Winfrey sheet set, “The Muppets Take Manhattan” on DVD, a Tickle Me [name]Elmo[/name] doll, one crab cake with a side of parsley, Lite [name]Brite[/name], one bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (because everyone loves a good morsel), 6 gummy bears (two cherry, 1 lime, and 3 orange), a giant ball of twine, a bag of 32 adhesive googly eyes for your crafting pleasure, a warm bowl of lentil soup, a shiny penny, a doggie Webkinz, the [name]Barbie[/name] [name]Dream[/name] Boat (fun the whole family), a dash of oregano, a pet ferret named [name]Randolph[/name], one day with [name]Larry[/name] [name]King[/name]'s suspenders (they’re due back at midnight), and last but not least, a jar of Nutella.

It’s time for your Birthday song:

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday to you, [name]Happy[/name] Birthday to you…[name]Happy[/name] Birthday, dear [name]Pam[/name], [name]Happy[/name] Birthday to you! And many more!!!

Now, blow out your candle and make a wish:

i <----[name]Pam[/name]'s candle

You are an incredibly talented writer and editor, not to mention a generous, kind, and funny person. It’s been an honor and a privilege to know you, and I can’t thank you enough for the joy you bring to the lives of so many people, myself included. I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day filled with love, happiness, and lots of good names. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name],
[name]Jill[/name] :slight_smile:

Bring on the Birthday wishes, everyone! :slight_smile:

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday [name]Pam[/name]!!

From the dot tot lot. :slight_smile:

[name]Happy[/name] birthday, [name]Pam[/name]!

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday, [name]Pam[/name]! For your birthday, I am giving you an [name]Eileen[/name] [name]Fisher[/name] [name]Cotton[/name] Organic Voile Quilt. The color of it is eggshell.
I am also giving you an old wooden cupboard from the thirties that my husband painted black. The inside is a mysterious grayish blue. I have painted some birds on the door.
I am also giving you a painting that I have painted on a piece of black wood. It is a painting of two birds dancing. There are big flowers behind the birds. The birds and flowers are vibrant. The background is black.
I know you love black! The quilt doesn’t come in black, but it is very pretty and soft.

Thank you for writing books about baby names. I’m quite sure that I daily perused one of your books when I was pregnant with my daughter [name]Laura[/name]. You and [name]Linda[/name] had great things to say about the name [name]Laura[/name].
Going on Nameberry a lot over the last year and a half has been really wonderful. I have made many good friends, and I have been able to write some blogs. Thank you for your help with my writing. I hope you have a really happy birthday, [name]Pam[/name]!

Oh, I forgot about presents!

For your birthday, I’m giving you a duck named [name]Penelope[/name], cocoa named [name]Coco[/name], a violet named [name]Iolanthe[/name], two doves named [name]Paloma[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name], a rock called [name]Peter[/name], two larks named [name]Calandra[/name] and [name]Alouette[/name], a horse named [name]Phillip[/name], a gold necklace called [name]Aurelia[/name], two laurel trees named [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Laura[/name], flowers called [name]Anthea[/name] and [name]Flora[/name], priceless jewels named [name]Antonia[/name], an emerald called [name]Esmeralda[/name], lilies named [name]Susannah[/name], pearls named [name]Margot[/name], a fish named [name]Finn[/name], an apple called Pomeline, and a marsh flower named [name]Elodie[/name].

[name]Happy[/name] birthday, [name]Pam[/name]! I love [name]Cecily[/name]'s present - hilarious :slight_smile:

I am sending you a very yummy Death by Chocolate cake (with smarties on the top, courtesy of [name]Rosie[/name]), and a massive thank you for creating this wonderful site!

[name]Happy[/name] birthday, [name]Pam[/name]!

For your birthday I grant you a killer chocolate brownie complete with caramel and fudge, a set of magnetic fridge letters (to spell out names, of course!) and the rights to a name of your choice… what do you choose?

[name]Happy[/name] birthday!

Birthday Hails to you, O Great One!

For your birthday, I give you a magical pass to the past, which will transport you to the great Library of [name]Alexandria[/name] where you can peruse their (lost to modern day) scrolls containing a myriad of names used by all the known cultures of the ancient world. (This magical pass also enables you with the ability to read all the languages of the ancient world.)

[name]May[/name] you have an excellent day!

And many, many thanks to you and your partner [name]Linda[/name] for your wonderful Nameberry site!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Pam[/name], for your birthday I’m giving you 1,000 nibs (Nameberry “currency”) that you can use to play Blackjack at [name]Michael[/name] Shackleford’s http://wizardofodds.com site. (The game’s URL is below.)
http://wizardofodds.com/play/blackjack

Note that Shackleford is the one who came up with the idea for the SSA lists.

ETA: You have yet another present from me (well actually from an imaginary Irish friend of mine). She is giving you a letter on how she dislikes that the name [name]Rory[/name] is becoming unisex (she’s a strong traditionalist and abhors the name for a girl). I told her about how you intentionally decided to dive into the boy’s section of your old name book (instead of looking where she says you should have in that book) and use [name]Rory[/name] for your daughter. I cheered her up by saying that I’d also consider using [name]Rory[/name]…for a boy.

a belated happy birthday [name]Pam[/name]!

[name]Hope[/name] you had a great day.

[name]Cecily[/name]'s presents are fantastic and made me giggle too!

Thank you to you and [name]Linda[/name] for creating this lovely nameberry community :slight_smile:

[name]Happy[/name] Birthday and thank you for nameberry, it is a happy place.

This is SOOOOOOO great. Thank you, everyone! And thanks for being part of nameberry. This community has been the best part of the site for me and [name]Linda[/name] and is what makes nameberry so wonderful. THANK YOU!! [name]Love[/name], [name]Pam[/name]

[name]Happy[/name] belated birthday, [name]Pam[/name]!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! xoxo

[name]Love[/name],
[name]Jen[/name] @ blissfully caffeinated

[name]Happy[/name] belated birthday, [name]Pam[/name]! I love nameberry but have been mia for a few days so missed this earlier. [name]Hope[/name] you had a great one.

Oh, gosh, [name]Pam[/name]! Sorry I missed this! [name]Happy[/name] belated birthday, Miss! Because of all of the wonderful things you do for Nameberry, I am gifting you with…

And Edible Arrangements fruit bouquet! Yum!

A pet Emu called [name]Ernestine[/name] [name]Bellatrix[/name] [name]Colette[/name] - “[name]Nessie[/name]”!

A weekend getaway to The Mount, [name]Edith[/name] [name]Wharton[/name]'s Massachusetts Estate and Gardens!

I hope your birthday was splendid. Enjoy!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: