Happy!

My husband and I have been loving names that mean [name]Happy[/name]. So far we have [name]Noam[/name], [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Zelig/name on our list.
What do you think?

I love [name]Asher[/name] and so far it’s the top contender for a boy if we ever have one, but I fear it’s popularity rising so fast. It might be the next [name]Aiden[/name]… :frowning:

I like [name]Noam[/name] a lot, [name]Noam[/name] Chomsky is a great namesake. It probably sounds a lot like [name]Noah[/name] to a non name nerd though…

[name]Zelig[/name] is really cool, never heard it before. Pronunciation might be an issue, but it’s cool enough to put up with the constant explanations!

Have you thought about the name [name]Aram[/name]? Seems like one you would like since its Hebrew, starts with an A like [name]Asher[/name] and ends in -am like [name]Noam[/name].

I love [name]Aram[/name]! And [name]Asher[/name] too…

I love [name]Asher[/name]!

[name]Noam[/name] looks like a misspelling of [name]Noah[/name].

[name]Zelig[/name] is really cool and has a lot of potential, I also have never heard of it before. As a teacher I would assume the name is pronounced with a short e and a short i? This would be the only problem I could see with the name, is pronunciation in school.

I love [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Noam[/name]. :slight_smile: [name]Asher[/name]'s my favorite, though. I love [name]Bennett[/name], too, and I’ve always heard that means the same as [name]Asher[/name], although I think [name]Bennett[/name] means “blessed”, not “happy”. The meaning is pretty close, though.

I love [name]Asher[/name]! Since you said this is what you have so far, I’m thinking you’d be open to further suggestions, so I just thought I’d add that [name]Isaac[/name] is another nice one and it means laughter. :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Noam[/name]. It’s fresh and new, easy to say, and has the meaning you want.

As for [name]Asher[/name], I feel your child will end up being one of the masses. Many, many little boys are being born with the name [name]Asher[/name] these days.

[name]Zelig[/name]'s odd. Maybe too odd. Perhaps consider [name]Fane[/name] instead. It’s original, unique, means happy, and is very easy to say. Actually, I like it quite a bit.

I’m laughing my head off that you like [name]Zelig[/name] - to me (and anyone with experience with Yiddish names) its VERY old man! Like, cranky and wearing his pants pulled up very high… Nowadays you mostly hear it as a middle name for [name]Asher[/name] (double naming, giving kids with a Hebrew/Yiddish name combo where both have the same meaning was very common back in the day) and kids named for ancestors often get the full pairing rather than just the Hebrew, which is more fashionable now… It’s so funny to get an outside view of a name like that!

For what it’s worth, [name]Noam[/name] really means “pleasant” rather than happy, although it definitely has an upbeat, positive connotation. Would you go for other names that fall into that general category of meaning?

I am sucker for old man names! [name]Zelig[/name] seems very trendy to me, but not used at all like [name]Zander[/name], etc.
I should add I do like [name]Abram[/name] and [name]Issac[/name] with nn [name]Ike[/name].

I like [name]Asher[/name] from your list the best. I know everyone says it is popular or gaining in popularity but I have yet to meet a little [name]Asher[/name]. It’s such a great name!

I love [name]Asher[/name], but I am really fearing its getting popular! What about just [name]Happy[/name]? Or is that a girls only name?

just [name]Happy[/name]? nuh uh. in Death of a Salesman its used on the doofier, more useless son for a reason. it’s not a worthwhile name on its own, for a girl OR a boy.

if you love [name]Asher[/name], then go for it. if its popular, then that just means that lots of people agree with you that it’s a great name.

[name]Felix[/name] also means happy and fortunate.

I thought about [name]Felix[/name], but it’s just too cat sounding.