hard 'k' sound at end of name, with hard 'k' last name?

What do you think of names that end in a hard ‘k’ sound - like [name_u]Nick[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Jake[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Eric[/name_m] - when the last name starts with a K? It sort of sounds like the names bleed into each other, but I don’t know if I am being too picky. Thanks!

I agree that they bleed and/or cause a need to over-pronounce the last k in the first name before staring the last name. I have a hard G first name and love first names that end in hard k but have the same concern.

That said, with most of the names you identified, except [name_m]Luke[/name_m], it’s probably not a big problem. With [name_m]Luke[/name_m], the problem is that “[name_u]Lou[/name_u]” is a first name so it’s unclear if the first name is [name_m]Luke[/name_m] or [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. But with the others, that won’t happen since the non-K versions are not traditional names.

I posted a similar question 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my son and most people didn’t see the big problem, fwiw.