Harriet or Harriette?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I love the name [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] if I ever have a girl, but I am wondering if it would be better spelt [name_f]Harriette[/name_f]? I think it looks more feminine on paper and is a little more unique which is a plus. Let me know, could I get away with it?

[name_f]Harriette[/name_f] looks odd to my eyes since I am used to seeing it as [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] screams feminine to me, but I can understand the extra TE for the ultra feminine vibe.
I dont think there’s anything wrong with [name_f]Harriette[/name_f], but I personally would opt for [name_f]Harriet[/name_f].

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] ? Maybe you could find another name that is typically spelled with an Ette ending, like [name_f]Lisette[/name_f], [name_f]Yvette[/name_f], or [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f].

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] could get away with being spelled [name_f]Bridgett[/name_f] or [name_f]Bridgette[/name_f] but I certainly prefer [name_f]Bridget[/name_f].

There’s also [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Laurette[/name_f] / [name_f]Lorette[/name_f], [name_f]Annette[/name_f], [name_f]Josette[/name_f], [name_f]Claudette[/name_f], [name_f]Georgette[/name_f], and [name_f]Violette[/name_f].

If I saw a [name_f]Harriette[/name_f] I’d assume you were supposed to emphasize the last syllable. I’d stick with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], which is an unambiguously feminine name as it is.

I would go with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. I think the [name_f]Harriette[/name_f] spelling will be confusing to most people and will get misspelled as well as misread a lot as I read it as [name_f]Henriette[/name_f] in the title.

I prefer [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. I agree that [name_f]Harriette[/name_f] seems like it changes the pronunciation on the end

I agree with pp, [name_f]Harriette[/name_f] definitely puts emphasis on the ending. [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] is already feminine, and it’d cause unnecessary misspellings.

[name_f]Harriette[/name_f] looks off to me. [name_f]IMO[/name_f] changing the spelling doesn’t make a name more uncommon.

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. Correct spelling is never the wrong choice.

Though it astounds me that people worry that [name_f]Harriette[/name_f] could get misspelled when it is ALREADY misspelled.