Harvey. Thoughts and Impressions?

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]…I like it. I think it’s unique but classic. We’re considering it if we have a son this [name_u]March[/name_u]. What do you think about it? Thoughts and impressions? Also, our daughter is named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

I really like it. It’s got a similar feel to [name_m]Henry[/name_m], but not the popularity. It’s got a strong sound, and a pleasant meaning.

It does have a very vintage quality (my grandfather’s English name was [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] actually) so I expect it’s a bit “old” for some people. I think it will age well though, being cute if unexpected on a baby, and worn well by a grown man.

It’s more popular in UK/Commonwealths than the US.

It makes me think of the movie featuring [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Stewart[/name_m] and his invisible six-foot rabbit friend.

I rather like the name and think it’s cute with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

I [name_f]Love[/name_f] it. Wish my husband would go for it! I suggested it today and he immediately started talking in an old mans voice. :frowning:

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]'s in with upwardly mobile parents in [name_f]Frances[/name_f] supposedly. There’s a vintage quality to it that’s definitely not too dusty and ready to be rediscovered.

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m] certainly has a charm and could be adorable on a little boy (a la [name_m]Howie[/name_m] or [name_m]Huey[/name_m]); I can picture him in overalls with freckles.

But now I’m trying to picture a 32-year-old [name_m]Harvey[/name_m], and I’m drawing a blank.

I think of a middle-aged guy. I’m not into this name for a little boy these days. Sorry.

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions!

I like it a lot. it’s very vintage feeling to me. It is creeping up on my list :slight_smile:

I like it! I can see it on a little boy, but also on a grown man thanks to suits.