Hattie needs a middle name....

So, We are pretty sure we are going with [name]Hattie[/name] for our girl’s first name.

We were going to use [name]Ruth[/name], my father’s mother’s name for her middle name, but unfortunately my mom’s mom, [name]Rosalie[/name], just passed away - so the question is what name can I use to honor both of my parents mom’s in our daughter’s middle name.

Our son’s name is [name]Asa[/name] [name]Miles[/name] - do you think [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] sounds like a good sibling name?
Thanks!

Personally I think [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] flows better and sounds better. Either is sweet!

I guess I don’t want to necessarily pick one grandma over the other for a middle name - any other R names that would go well with [name]Hattie[/name] and have a nod to both grandma’s names?
Thanks!

[name]Hattie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Eilidh[/name]? [name]Eilidh[/name] pronounced (ay-lee). It sounds like the end of [name]Rosalie[/name] kind of. You could give her two middle names. If not, maybe [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

[name]Roux[/name], pronounced ROO, is French, and would be a nod to both grandmas with not only the R, but with each one’s vowel. [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Roux[/name]? Or you could just do the letter R as a middle name. I believe former President [name]Harry[/name] S [name]Truman[/name] had only an S for a middle name, to honor two sides of the family.

I’d just use both for middle names “[name]Hattie[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]”.

And yes, I do think [name]Hattie[/name] and [name]Asa[/name] make a nice sibset.

I love [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] together, although I know that doesn’t help much…

Thanks gals -
I think [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds really pretty too.
But I’ve had in my head for so long that I want to give the potential girl baby my Grandma [name]Ruth[/name]'s name…oh decisions!

I’ve thought about the double middle name too - just don’t know if I want to give her 4 names.
Since we are Jewish she will have a hebrew name too - and my Grandma [name]Rosalie[/name]'s hebrew name is [name]Raizel[/name] - so I might just end up using that name and keep [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] - - - although I do like [name]Rose[/name]!!!

Thanks - more to ponder!

I think you landed on the very best solution right there! I love [name]Hattie[/name] by the way, just gorgeous!

I think your idea of [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Raizel[/name] is perfect. It flows well, is pretty and accomplishes your goal of honoring both grandmas :slight_smile:

I actually prefer [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] to [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], for whatever that’s worth.

I agree with previous poster’s that you probably stumbled upon the best solution in your last post - [name]Ruth[/name] as her middle name, [name]Raizel[/name] as her Hebrew name. That makes a lot of sense to me.

[name]Hattie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is ADORABLE and goes very will with [name]Asa[/name] [name]Miles[/name] (also adorable). What was Rosalies middle name? you could use that to honor her aswell.