Have we picked the right name for this puppy?

A puppy is coming into our home much quicker and sooner than planned.

Having seen the name on NB recently, reminding me of its charm, and after running a quick poll, am planning on naming her (with family’s assent): Pomeline (Pom-meh-leen) nn Pommy, Pom-Pom, Apply (meaning of Pomeline is related to apples) etc, and connecting to her red hair and fluffy cuteness.

But have I decided too hastily and is the name good for a puppy (clearly adorable for a human)? Appreciate any opinions, support, new ideas etc. Thank you!

1 Like

No. I think it’s cute. I’d say it suits her perfectly. If [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] is too long and human-like for you, maybe Pom-Pom’s better? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Apple[/name_f], if you like the meaning but not the full name itself.

P.S: She’s a really cute and adorable dog! Is she a Cockapoo?

1 Like

Thank you - and she’s a cavapoo (called a cavoodle here in Australia). Humanness alone doesn’t bother me - our current dog is Jeffrey - but I just didn’t get a great reaction from friends I tested the name with. It’s pretty nerd name niche esp for a dog (among all the Teddys, Charlies & Rubys).

1 Like

Awwww, she’d adorable! I think [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] is a great name for her! Especially since she has fluffy fur like a pom-pom :blush:

2 Likes

Oh myyyyy she’s the cutest!! :sunflower::white_heart::tulip:

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] is so lovely and I can totally see it on her :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart::tulip:

1 Like

Oh my goodness what a cutie!

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] is adorable and suits such a gorgeous pup

1 Like

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] looks perfect for her! I love it! The nicknames are so sweet, too. Yes all the way ‘round.

1 Like

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] is so sweet and the nickname Pom-Pom is precious! She would suit it perfectly! (And she’s so cute oh my!!!)

[name_f]My[/name_f] pup is [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], but she’s called [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] 90% if the time- an example of a more “frilly” full name with a more “doggish” nickname and it’s worked perfectly for us :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I adore [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] and Pom-Pom :heart_eyes:
She is such a beautiful dog and I think it suits her perfectly!

She is also YOUR dog, not your friends, soi think they will get used to it!

1 Like

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is delightful! Thanks for the encouragement!

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder (from a worrier and people pleaser)!

[name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] (called [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f] and Pom-Pom for now but keeping [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and Appley up my sleeve) has arrived. Here’s a photo of her on her scary drive home. She’s a curious, cuddly and interactive little creature. We’re so happy! [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m] (who is in fact her half brother but with an eight year gap) isn’t yet sold.