Have you ever met someone that LOOKS like a certain name?

I’ve had this happen to me many times, especially with younger kids. I’ll meet them, and think, “Wow, they really look like a [name]Sophia[/name], or an [name]Alexander[/name],” although I’m never actually right.

Some examples I remember:

• A “[name]Jacob[/name]” that turned out to be [name]Garrett[/name].
  • A “[name]Malcolm[/name]” that was really a [name]Callum[/name].
  • A “[name]Lily[/name]” who was actually [name]Anabel[/name].
  • An “[name]Olivia[/name]” who was really [name]Georgia[/name] (but I later discovered she had an older sister named [name]Olivia[/name]).

Has this ever happened to you?

Yes, this blonde girl on my bus looked like a [name]Catherine[/name]. Her name was [name]Melissa[/name]…

This happens to me all the time. My school had freshman orientation today, so I saw lots of new names and faces:

• a “[name]Morgan[/name]” - actually [name]Rachel[/name], but my second guess was [name]Nicole[/name], and I think 3 names have the same style so I had to give myself credit.
  • an “[name]Emma[/name]” - actually [name]Audrey[/name]
  • a “[name]Casey[/name]” - actually a [name]Morgan[/name]
  • a “[name]Molly[/name]” - actually a “[name]Mollie[/name]”. I’m personally not a fan of this spelling, but I was so happy I got one right.
  • a “[name]Kristen[/name]” - actually an “[name]Ava[/name]” (on a side note, this is the first [name]Ava[/name] I’ve ever met that’s older than 10 and younger than 75).

Last night I had a class and one student was named [name]Bayley[/name], but she looked like a [name]Jessica[/name] to me. Also, when I’m trying to remember someone’s name I think of what name they look like. It doesn’t always work, but some people really do look like their names.

There’s a guy in my french class named [name]Jonathon[/name] who I don’t like, and I always think “[name]Daniel[/name]” in my head for some reason.

I had a little Hispanic girl in my class, about 2 years old, who was named [name]Irene[/name]. I always wanted to call her [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Noella[/name], not sure why.

I met a [name]Brad[/name] who seemed like an [name]Evan[/name].

Oh, and a [name]Colleen[/name] who seemed like a [name]Michelle[/name].

It doesn’t happen to me very often, though!

I met the cutest baby boy the other day that would have made a great [name]Henry[/name], but his name was [name]Darren[/name]. :frowning:

And like kaitlinnxo, I actually got one right! A little girl walked into [name]Ben[/name] and [name]Jerry[/name]'s the other day with beautiful green eyes and long, curly blonde hair. I thought to myself, “She’d make a perfect [name]Eartha[/name]…” …and guess what her name was? :stuck_out_tongue:

An [name]Eartha[/name]?! Awesome!

I knew someone named [name]Nicole[/name] who I thought was more of a [name]Denise[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though I knew her name was [name]Nicole[/name], I had to keep correcting myself in my head before I open my mouth and say her name out loud.

On the other hand, people say I don’t look like a [name]Karen[/name]. I got [name]Lisa[/name] a couple times (once for several months until I found out and corrected the lad), [name]Sandy[/name], [name]Stephanie[/name]… can’t think of any more right now. People who have met me and can’t remember my name for whatever reason tend to call me a different name when they see me again, but not in the usual, “sorry, was it [name]Kathy[/name]/[name]Carol[/name]/[name]Connie[/name]?” close-enough kind of way. Never anything really exotic though.

Yay! [name]Karen[/name] came back! I missed you, [name]Karen[/name]! Please stick around because I love the way you write!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Susan[/name]! and EVERYONE - even new people (I see a few new names posting)… Thanks for saying nice things about me. I saw that nice note you posted and responded to let you know where I’ve been so long… the internet is a fascinating collection of ideas if one is obsessed about just anything at all.

I really like coming here and all the information and sharing lives and suggestions and fun games and lists. I have this one friend and we talk about names sometimes, but he never lets me do any of the talking, so I have someplace here that I’m glad at least some people like my style of input.

Good to be back around!