Having a girl so Kellan (boy) is out and girl options are...

I was the one who started the thread of being down to four boy’s names and six girl’s names. Thanks to everyone’s input, we settled on [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Robert[/name] for a boy but still hadn’t decided on a girl. Sure enough, it’s a girl, so we’re still debating and tentatively have it at these options. Would love your thoughts. Middle name is [name]Olivia[/name] but I’m more concerned with having a great first name rather than a perfectly-flowing first and middle (how often do you use your middle name anyway, right?)

[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
Carrington or Kerrington
Carrigan or [name]Kerrigan[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] and congratulations! Is this your first baby? Sorry, you may have said that in earlier posts, but I have forgotten.

I think your style tends more towards surnames, and in my opinion, that is harder to do for girls than for boys, but I’m sure you’ll find the perfect name in time. :slight_smile:

[name]Teagan[/name] - Not my preference. I actually like [name]Keagan[/name] or [name]Tiernan[/name] better.
[name]Kendall[/name] - If you plan to use [name]Kellan[/name] one day for a boy, this one is too close for me.
[name]Avery[/name] - Adorable
[name]Ainsley[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] it
Carrington or Kerrington - I know it’s only three syllables, just like the popular [name]Emily[/name], etc., but for me, this one and the one below are just too long.

My favorite combination is [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], but my favorite name on your list is [name]Ainsley[/name].

If your still looking for options?: [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Carys[/name], [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Briony[/name], [name]Auden[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Teagan[/name] - I really adore this name- it is my favorite of your choices, and I like [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].
[name]Kendall[/name] - If you plan to use [name]Kellan[/name] one day for a boy, this one is too close for me.- Ditto
[name]Avery[/name] - Like, don;t love.
[name]Ainsley[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t love- becoming to trendy and I’ve just never liked the sound of it- nothing about this name is pretty.
Carrington or Kerrington - I know it’s only three syllables, just like the popular [name]Emily[/name], etc., but for me, this one and the one below are just too long.-Ditto

I also really like the suggestions of [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Carys[/name], [name]Briony[/name], and [name]Auden[/name]. I also like [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Devon[/name], [name]Darby[/name], and [name]Tristan[/name], and they would all sound great with [name]Olivia[/name], in my opinion.

Lovin’ Carrigan! I’ll throw [name]Tamsin[/name] into the ring.

[name]Teagan[/name] - not my style, but totally see the appeal. Its sweet
[name]Kendall[/name] - I have bad memories of a girl with this name :frowning: Can’t give an honest opinion, if you know what I mean :wink:
[name]Avery[/name] - Really liked this name until its popularity shot through the roof…[name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] is darling, though!
[name]Ainsley[/name] - Also don’t quite know how to pronounce…looks very pretty, though
Carrington or Kerrington - my [name]FAVorite[/name] of your choices! The flow isn’t amazing, but you said that’s not a problem… I’d go with the C :slight_smile:
Carrigan or [name]Kerrigan[/name] - I think of [name]Casper[/name] (like the friendly ghost)…wasn’t that the name of the mean lady?

So, of your choices I’d go Carrington, [name]Avery[/name], [name]Teagan[/name]… Good [name]Luck[/name], and here’s a few more :slight_smile:

[name]Temperance[/name] (nn [name]Tempie[/name])
[name]Cadence[/name] (nn [name]Cate[/name], [name]Cadie[/name])
[name]Tessa[/name] (nn [name]Tess[/name])
[name]Kierra[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]/[name]Kyra[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name] (nn [name]Laney[/name])
[name]Kennedy[/name] (popular, tho)
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] (ssoooo cute!)
[name]Cheyenne[/name] (I think its cute, but I’m not gutsy enough for it)
[name]Amelia[/name] ( a new fav of mine :wink: )
[name]Arden[/name]

[name]Teagan[/name]- I am not a huge fan of the two hard consonants, to me is sounds harsh.
[name]Kendall[/name]- I agree if you want to use [name]Kellan[/name] later, then [name]Kendall[/name] shouldnt be used.
[name]Avery[/name]- I like this and think [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] flows well, but [name]Avery[/name] is very popular and is still on the upward slope.
[name]Ainsley[/name]- I love this name and think [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] flows well. While it is somewhat trendy, it hasnt really gotten any more popular since it made the top 1000. It is still in the 400s.
Carrington- It is a nice name, and carrie can be used as a nickname, its not popular at the moment
Carrigan- I like Carrington better.

My fav of yours is [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] or Carrington [name]Olivia[/name]

Of the suggested names I like [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Carys[/name] and [name]Auden[/name].
I will add [name]Arden[/name] (which is actually an old fashion mans name) [name]Cambrie[/name], [name]Carbry[/name], [name]Leighton[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name]

Of your choices I like [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] best :slight_smile: I loved [name]Avery[/name] before it became ever so popular, but if you love it go with it!
Of the suggestions I really adore [name]Elodie[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]

I vote for [name]Avery[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Teagan[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this! By far my favorite! Spunky, cute, quirky, absolutely adorable!
[name]Kendall[/name] - too country and all I see is [name]Ken[/name] [name]Doll[/name] as in [name]Barbie[/name]'s boyfriend lol
[name]Avery[/name] - cute, but popular.
[name]Ainsley[/name] - very cool name
Carrington or Kerrington - a little long but very cool and spunky, my second favorite on your list. It’s on my list too. I like it more with the K.
Carrigan or [name]Kerrigan[/name] - Again I like it with the K. I think [name]Kerrigan[/name] might be more usable than Kerrington, but I like it a little less.

I’d still use [name]Kellan[/name] for a girl. [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] is so pretty

[name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]!!!

I like the idea of using [name]Kellan[/name] for a girl. [name]Kellan[/name] is at least as feminine as [name]Kerrigan[/name] or Karrington – I can’t imagine that you would name a daughter [name]Kerrigan[/name], which is very cute, but then follow with a son named [name]Kellan[/name]. [name]Avery[/name] is getting very popular and is so similar to the mega-trendy [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] etc that is has a different feel from the more distinctive [name]Kellan[/name] or [name]Kerrigan[/name]. And [name]Ainsley[/name] is also an established trendy.

Since you have more stand-out names among your favorites, why not go with those rather than something you’re going to see all the time?

Thanks for the feedback everyone…although a lot of variation on likes, dislikes of the names on our list. Seems like everyone likes [name]Avery[/name], if it just weren’t so popular. Some people love the Kerrington/[name]Kerrigan[/name] option, but others find it clunky. And pretty equal like/dislike for [name]Ainsley[/name] and [name]Teagan[/name]. I do think we’ve eliminated [name]Kendall[/name], however. And I simply can’t switch [name]Kellan[/name] to our girl’s name - it’s been our placeholder for our boy’s name for so long that I just can’t make the conversion.

One more to throw out at you. My wife’s maiden name is Schaefer and we obviously like a number of surname-sounding names for first names. What do you guys think of Schaefer as a little girl’s name?

My faves from your list are [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] :slight_smile: Carrigan/Carrington don’t feel right for a little girl for some reason.

Schaefer is very unique and I do like the softness of it, but I think it’s one of those names she’d have to spell out for people.

[name]Hi[/name] there! Instead of Schaefer, what about [name]Shea[/name]? I understand that Schaefer is a family name, but I honestly can’t see it as a first name, especially for a little girl. (Then again, a little Schaefer could always be nicknamed [name]Shea[/name]…)

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Schaefer would make a nice middle name, but I can’t see it as a girl’s first name.
I like [name]Ainsley[/name] Schaefer.

I also like Schaefer as a middle name, but I’d use something a bit more feminine as a first, then. Since its quite unisex. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the thoughts on Schaefer. I think we like the idea of using her maiden name more than we like the actual name. There seems to be at least some use of Shafer has a girls’ name out there, but that actually just creates more problems with the spelling.

[name]Avery[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name], Carrington, [name]Kerrigan[/name], and [name]Teagan[/name] are all still on the list. It’s funny how much I can like a name one day and want to cross it off the list the next!

My vote definitely goes to [name]Avery[/name]. I know its somewhat popular but its not [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Emily[/name] in the least and of those you just mentioned I think it will look less trendy in 30 years.

Its beautiful, smart and still slightly unconventional. She could be an artist, a DR or a CEO named [name]Avery[/name]. A beautiful choice!

I think [name]Avery[/name] is very pretty. [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] is a lovely name. I don’t like Schaefer, sorry!