Having a hard time with boy names

We are having our second child (our girl is named [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]) and really struggling with boy names that won’t sound too masculine and standard, too strangely made up or too feminine and likely to be made fun of on the playground.
Here are some we’ve found (be honest!):
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Eagen[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Quilliam[/name] (Irish form of [name]William[/name], my grandfather’s name)

For some reason, I see [name]Barnaby[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] having a rough time on the playground. [name]Barnaby[/name] in particular. [name]Felix[/name] is becoming a bit more popular so maybe your [name]Felix[/name] would be spared the jokes – if you subscribe to the theory that kids won’t make fun of something familiar.

I absolutely love [name]Archer[/name]. It’s a real standout for me.

A suggestion: I think [name]Colm[/name] (Collum) is a nice match with [name]Beatrice[/name].

[name]Jasper[/name]: I do like this, and while it sounds like [name]Casper[/name], your little boy will be spared the inevitable ghost jokes
[name]Felix[/name]: This sounds nice with [name]Beatrice[/name], and I don’t see teasing as a problem
[name]Declan[/name]: While it doesn’t flow with [name]Beatrice[/name] (my opinion only!) as well as some of the others due to its Irish roots, it is a lovely name
[name]Eamon[/name]: I worry about spelling and pronunciation problems, and [name]Eamon[/name] doesn’t appeal to me (but that’s just me!)
[name]Eagen[/name]: I just think of “eek!”
[name]Archer[/name]: I’m not a fan of [name]Archer[/name], as all I think of is archery, which then leads me to think of violence
[name]Barnaby[/name]: I do fear that little [name]Barnaby[/name] will certainly be brutally teased. Firstly, the name isn’t head often, and secondly, he’ll be associated with [name]Barney[/name] the dinosaur.
[name]Lincoln[/name]: This is one of those names that I do like, but just not for me.
[name]Everett[/name]: I’m really liking this name, and I do love it with [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Quilliam[/name] (Irish form of [name]William[/name], my grandfather’s name): It’s a nice name, but I’d be concerned about little [name]Quilliam[/name] spending the rest of his life saying, “No! It’s [name]QUILLiam[/name], NOT [name]WILLiam[/name]!”

Of the above names, I like [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] best with [name]Beatrice[/name]. Here are some more ideas:

[name]Dexter[/name]
Phinaeus
[name]Theodore[/name] (I’m guessing this is too common for you, so I’ll just quickly remind you of [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], etc.)
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]

Best wishes to you!

[name]Jasper[/name] : I love it. I don’t see anything bad about this name, other than the fact that it might get a bit popular

[name]Felix[/name] : I’ve been hearing this one quite a bit lately, but I still think it’s a great name. Might be a little bit trendy

[name]Declan[/name] : I don’t really like it

[name]Eamon[/name] : I’m not sure how to pronounce this

[name]Eagen[/name] : Same

[name]Archer[/name] : I love it. Gorgeous name. Only things to say about it

[name]Barnaby[/name] : A bit unusual, but in a good way. I think it’s a beautiful name, and it goes well with [name]Beatrice[/name]. [name]Just[/name] keep in mind he’ll probably be called [name]Barney[/name] a lot

[name]Lincoln[/name] : Oh, I don’t think I’ve ever heard this as a first name. Interesting! I like it!

[name]Everett[/name] : I like it, but I think you have better choices on your list

[name]Quilliam[/name] : I love this. It’s gorgeous, not popular but not made up, and it honors family. This would be a great choice

My favourites are [name]Archer[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Quilliam[/name]. Let us know what you pick! :slight_smile:

[name]Everett[/name], [name]Archer[/name] or [name]Barnaby[/name]

I really like [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Eamon[/name] and [name]Declan[/name] from your list. They all seem to fit well with [name]Beatrice[/name] without being too close. I wouldn’t use [name]Barnaby[/name] as that would be a little matchy with [name]Beatrice[/name], or [name]Felix[/name] as the endings are rather similar, though they are both fine names.

[name]Archer[/name] reminds me of the alcoholic drink as well as the BBC Radio 4 farming soap ‘The Archers’. [name]Lincoln[/name] is strongly associated with the town in Lincolnshire. [name]Eagen[/name] reminds me of vegan. I think [name]Quilliam[/name] is a little too close to [name]William[/name], and would suffer from much confusion.

You may like: [name]Asher[/name], [name]Donal[/name] or [name]Quinn[/name].

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Quilliam[/name] is a very handsome name! I’m a huge [name]Jasper[/name] fan though. I also like [name]Everett[/name], [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] quite a bit.

I actually like [name]Declan[/name] a lot. It’s unusual, it’s got tons of personality, and Deck is a rockin’ nickname.

I love [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name], too! And [name]Cormac[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] both mean happy!
Also:
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Edward[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Chester[/name]. I love this combo!
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Lionel[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]. I know, this is one of my faves.
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Alfred[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]George[/name].

[name]Jasper[/name] is my favorite with [name]Beatrice[/name]. I also like:

[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]

[name]Declan[/name] definitely gets my vote! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all of the advice everyone! I definitely am reconsidering [name]Barnaby[/name] after reconsidering associations like [name]Barney[/name] the purple dinosaur. I also like [name]Callum[/name] now and [name]Augustin[/name] or [name]August[/name] too. They all work well with [name]Beatrice[/name].