Having trouble coming up with a name

Me and my fiance cant agree on a name this is our 2nd and I feel like I have looked everywhere for something different, unique but still pretty and not to out there. for a middle name we are going to go with two after my grandma and his but not sure which combination to use my grandmas name is [name]Judith[/name] [name]Arlene[/name] and his is [name]Joyce[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] any ideas would be helpful :smiley: Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] and Congratulations!

I’d use [name]Judith[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] in the middle, myself. They seem a little more classic to me.

Some suggestions for ‘uncommon but not weird’ names:

[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]May[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
Gloriana
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Genevra[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Marian[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]/[name]Sibyl[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps! Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I agree [name]Judith[/name] and [name]Ellen[/name] are the least two dated, but [name]Arlene[/name] and [name]Joyce[/name] aren’t bad in the right combos. I can see that if you’re using the first of one it’s probably more diplomatic to use the first name of the other potentially (and vice versa, middle and middle - unless one of them went by her middle name?). I think [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] has a nice rhythm actually, it’s alliterative but it works, especially if the first name isn’t a J name and the last name also isn’t. Depending on your taste and style, I also see lots of ways to use the names but updated them. Let’s see

[name]Arlene[/name]:
[name]Arla[/name]
Darling
[name]Marlena[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]

[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Helen[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Helene[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]

(Since [name]Lena[/name] connects to both middles, you could make the middle just [name]Lena[/name] and honor them both! I also love [name]Helena[/name] Darling for its rhythm and for adding a sound to the beginning and end of both middles! I can also see [name]Arlen[/name] honoring both, although it’s closer to [name]Arlene[/name] for me)

[name]Joyce[/name]:
[name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name] (by meaning if you use the “[name]Joy[/name]” part of [name]Joyce[/name])
[name]Felice[/name] (by meaning)
[name]Felicia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Letitia[/name]/[name]Laetitia[/name] (by meaning)
[name]Jocelyn[/name] (sound and meaning)
[name]Joy[/name]

[name]Judith[/name]
[name]Jude[/name] (I definitely prefer this as a boys’ name, but am more flexible in the middle)
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Julie[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]

(I can also see a middle name of [name]Jody[/name] honoring both [name]Judith[/name] and [name]Joyce[/name]. From these, [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Jude[/name] are quite striking to me).

Assuming you want to be keep the names exact, and [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] is the best combo to you as well as me, some combos I like the most Including the previous poster’s suggestion and some I can think of are:

[name]Adela[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Theresa[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Judith[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]

Suggestions might be very different depending on the middles, so if you want, give some thoughts on what you’re leaning toward with those, and I’m sure you’ll get plenty more ideas! All best!

Thank you both so much for the replies :slight_smile: I never even realized that I could use [name]Lena[/name] as the middle name to honor both grandmas Thank you for bringing that to my attention! I also like [name]Arla[/name] I think that is pretty. My fiance is set on the name [name]Journey[/name] but Im not sure about it I was also thinking Killeen which is my birth place in Tx but he doesnt like it lol so we are still looking!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ellene[/name] or [name]Arlen[/name]…to combine the names in to one middle name?

Instead of [name]Journey[/name], you could offer something like [name]Jordana[/name]. [name]Journey[/name] just doesn’t seem like it would grow well with her into adulthood and would have a hard time being pulled off in a professional setting.

Save the Killeen idea for a boy and use [name]Killian[/name]! I just can’t get past the “kill” part in the front.

That is such a great idea! I really like [name]Ellene[/name] and it would be a combination of both I think I will run that by my fiance! I agree with you [name]Flick[/name] i like the sound of the name Killeen but dont like the kill part at the beginning

[name]Glad[/name] you’ve had some helpful thoughts here! [name]Journey[/name] is a beautiful word but it just makes me think of the band, and I agree it probably wouldn’t age well. It’s kind of cool as a middle, though, and it takes 4 letters from [name]Joyce[/name], but is a 2 syllable J name that sounds a little like [name]Judy[/name], so it might be a good honor-the-grandmas-indirectly middle name. Killeen probably is a little hard to pull off other than as the middle, but [name]Colleen[/name]? [name]Kellan[/name]? [name]Abilene[/name] as another TX city ending in een ; )? Gets cute, popular nn [name]Abby[/name]. I don’t know if Killeen and [name]Abilene[/name] are rival cities or something : D.

All best!