having trouble...

We already have a DS named [name]Oscar[/name]. We aren’t finding out the sex of our next child but already have boys names kinda nailed down, either [name]Felix[/name] or [name]Hugo[/name]. For girl names we are a little stuck…This is list of names I sort of like:

[name]Elka[/name]
[name]Veda[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
Greta

What does everyone think? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well- Thanks!

I think [name]Astrid[/name] sounds like a great little sister name to [name]Oscar[/name] and is such a fun spunky name for a little girl!

I really do like the name [name]Astrid[/name], but was a little worried that it sounds too similar to [name]Oscar[/name]. Anyone else care to weigh in?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Elka[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name], and [name]Astrid[/name].

I like [name]Astrid[/name] in theory but I all I can think of when I hear it is The Office episode where [name]Michael[/name] kept calling the baby “A**-turd.”
My vote goes to [name]Harriet[/name].

I love the spunky [name]Hugo[/name] better with [name]Oscar[/name]. [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] were the “Odd Couple” TV characters in the seventies. For girls, I love [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name]. I also think [name]Ingrid[/name] would be a better choice than [name]Astrid[/name] (Os and As?). Here are some other suggestions without knowing your mn or surname.

[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Frida[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Sigrid[/name]
[name]Hanna[/name]/[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Elin[/name]
[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]

[name]Greta[/name] is a name that is also on our list- thanks for reminding me. I didn’t realize the “odd couple” connection with [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Felix[/name], but have thought about [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name], being similar to “[name]Ozzie[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name].”

I was about to say the [name]Ozzie[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] thing and the [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] thing. :wink:

[name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] are perfect together, that perfect classy quirky.

I like [name]Florence[/name] or [name]Mabel[/name] a lot and will second the suggestions of [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name].

I love [name]Hugo[/name] with [name]Oscar[/name]. Not a fan of the name [name]Felix[/name] myself. From your girl list, I love [name]Veda[/name]. I also like [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] though I feel [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Florence[/name] “flow” the best with brothers [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]. [name]How[/name] is [name]Elka[/name] pronounced? Like el-kuh?

yes, elka is pronounced basically just how it is written, el-kuh

If you give [name]Harriet[/name] the nn [name]Hattie[/name] I don’t think [name]Ozzie[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] would be too big of an issue. I like [name]Harriet[/name] because it has the same vintage feel as [name]Oscar[/name].

[name]Elka[/name]- Very pretty, makes me imagine a cute [name]German[/name] girl doing a year of school in the US…
[name]Veda[/name]- I think of My Girl, pretty name though.
[name]Mabel[/name]- nms and paired with [name]Oscar[/name] to me it brings out the ‘old man’ vibe in [name]Oscar[/name] which usually doesn’t strike me as ‘grandpa-ish’
[name]Florence[/name]- very cute
[name]Harriet[/name]- Same thoughts as [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]- Very pretty…same vibe as [name]Elka[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]- it’s ok

Maybe [name]Flora[/name], [name]Freya[/name], [name]Faye[/name], [name]Viva[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Greta[/name], [name]Gretchen[/name], [name]Astra[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Oona[/name], [name]Iona[/name], [name]Nova[/name], [name]Minka[/name], [name]Hedi[/name]?

So a couple of more questions have arose since this question was asked:

1. my sis-in law just had a baby named [name]Ella[/name]- is [name]Elka[/name] too similar?
  2. Does [name]Ingrid[/name] sound like too much of a mouthful when saying it with [name]Oscar[/name]?
  3. Does [name]Mabel[/name] sound too grndma-grndpa paired with [name]Oscar[/name]?

Thanks again!

What about [name]Aster[/name] instead of [name]Astrid[/name]? I think it sounds freshed. I also like [name]Elke[/name] (pronounced Elk-ee). And I know an [name]Oscar[/name] with a sister [name]Ruby[/name] which is a nice sibset.

I love [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] with [name]Oscar[/name]! I’d avoid [name]Harriet[/name] because of “[name]Ozzie[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name]”.

I think I like the pairing of [name]Mabel[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name]. [name]Greta[/name] is nice too.

[name]Greta[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] are my favorites to go with [name]Oscar[/name].

I love [name]Ingrid[/name], I like all the names on your list except [name]Harriet[/name].

1. my sis-in law just had a baby named [name]Ella[/name]- is [name]Elka[/name] too similar? Not at all imo
  2. Does [name]Ingrid[/name] sound like too much of a mouthful when saying it with [name]Oscar[/name]? not at all imo
  3. Does [name]Mabel[/name] sound too grndma-grndpa paired with [name]Oscar[/name]? Kind of…sorry just keeping it honest