Having twins and struggling with the girls names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] There

We are expecting boy+girl twins and we are getting really confused. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

We have decided on [name_u]Noah[/name_u] with second name [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] (my maiden name) for the boy
The girl’s second name will be [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] (my deceased mom’s name).

We have LOVED [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] for about 6 years now but I am put off by how popular it has become (and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] also being so popular). I also think [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sound good together….Other options so far include:

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] (we really like this one - [name_f]Rosy[/name_f] for short)
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ana[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]

I want a feminine pretty name for the girl - preferably with a cute nickname.

Any feedback, thoughts or suggestions would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

I like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] for a boy. [name_f]My[/name_f] other favourite boys names are [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] nn [name_m]Arty[/name_m], [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], nn [name_m]Xavi[/name_m] and [name_u]Rex[/name_u].

I would steer clear of [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] just because it’s so popular. What about [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]?

Of the names you’ve listed for a girl I love [name_f]Rosy[/name_f]. It could be short for [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] which I also love.

I’m a real fan of 2 syllable names - [name_f]Orla[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Inga[/name_f] etc.

Good luck

I like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] for a boy. From your list I really like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and isla. I prefer those names over [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] even if [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] wasn’t so popular.

Good luck!

thanks for the help!
I am also throwing [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] into the melting pot! Any thoughts on those?
What is a good nickname for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]?

also thinking about how it will sound saying their names together….

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] &………

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are my favorite on your list- [name_f]Isla[/name_f] sounds the best with [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] (which is gorgeous, BTW). [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] sounds so adorable! I also kind of like [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] as a name best. I’d use either [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] or [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]

Nickname for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]:
[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]
[name_u]Isa[/name_u]
[name_f]Lala[/name_f]
Lissy
[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f]

It’s kind of short so it doesn’t really NEED a nickname.

Thanks! I also think [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] is special :slight_smile:

I actually like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] together, but I can understand not wanting to be that matchy. [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] is really cute.
To my ears, the two syllable names have the best flow with [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]. As far as a nickname for [name_f]Isla[/name_f], I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] on its own (it’s already short).

I think that [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] is a beautiful name. Very cute yet elegant. Good luck!

Congratulations! I think if you’re avoiding [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], which you’ve loved for a long time, primarily because of its popularity, you might want to avoid other popular or soon-to-be-popular names too. I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] qualifies. [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] leads so easily to [name_u]Issy[/name_u] or [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], the nickname shared by the megapopular [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]), while [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is so close to [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]/[name_f]Jessica[/name_f], again megapopular.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a great idea and really underused in first place (it’s superpopular as a middle name), and I think [name_f]Rosy[/name_f] is adorable. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] are other ideas if you want to embellish a bit, but it certainly doesn’t need that.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] is gorgeous too though close to [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and also rising in popularity on its own.

noah and isla are perfect except they sound a little too similar…try calling out the names as if they are upstairs…and as if you are tired…haha, see if they sound too similar…growing up my sister and i had names ending in a, and sounded the same when called for dinner…and also people got them mixed up, but that wont happen for your twins being a boy and girl…maybe mix it up with a different syallable count, or you could just use custom nicknames…otherwise your list is beautiful

I actually think [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sound perfect together! [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] s no more popular than [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. I also love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] from your list.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] is similar in sound to [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] because of the strong “o” sound so I find them matchy (No-[name_f]Ro[/name_f], No-[name_f]Clo[/name_f]). [name_f]Ana[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] also share an “ah” ending with [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. Sorry but I think I’ve just annihilated your list. :slight_smile: Without knowing your surname, here are some other suggestions.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Rue[/name_u])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (nn Grae)
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Fee[/name_u] or [name_f]Bee[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Audie[/name_u] or [name_f]Dree[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Ray[/name_u] or [name_f]Elle[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Irie[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (nn Fliss or [name_f]Flick[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Cece[/name_f])
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f])

I think [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] are a great set.
[name_m]Both[/name_m] are popular, but that’s fine. I think it would be more strange to pick a top 5 boys name and then a girls name that isn’t even in the top 1000 like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f].

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ([name_f]Rosy[/name_f]) are also very nice together. Though [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sounds a bit better with [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f].

[name_f]Jessa[/name_f] is cute, but I don’t really like it with [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is very traditional and succinctly complete. [name_f]Jessa[/name_f] feels nicknamey and unfinished beside it.

I love [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] together. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f] flows really well and is very pretty. [name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I like that [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] all share that long O sound, but don’t sound too matchy and aren’t the same style.

Both are popular, but that’s fine. I think it would be more strange to pick a top 5 boys name and then a girls name that isn’t even in the top 1000 like Isadora.

I agree 100%. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] with [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] sounds more off than [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is more popular than [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], anyway, and he would be more likely to share his name than she would. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] isn’t my style, but I think it’s a respectable choice.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I always thought [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sounded good together. I will toss things around a bit more and let you know what we decide!

What about
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]/ [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Fay[/name_f]/[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

I have just started thinking about [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] and love it too - thanks for the great suggestions. Now to try and get my husband on board with [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. I think the “ee” ending names go well with [name_u]Noah[/name_u] - hence why [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] sounds good too. But I can’t think of many that I like.

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] definitely.
nn for [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] springs to mind.
But if you really love [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] - which is a beautiful name - don’t be put off by its relative popularity. This is your chance to name a daughter, possibly the only chance you’ll ever have. If you have both loved [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] for 6 years then you should feel able to call her [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] does go very well with [name_f]Nicolette[/name_f].
Good luck! I am trying to name twin girls and going round in circles so I am with you in spirit.