having twins means twice the trouble with names!

Note: I’m really sorry for any repeats here! :slight_smile:

Yay! I love [name]Lucy[/name], I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], and I love, love, love, [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Nora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]. I’m glad you have the G/G combo pinned down, and that you’ve found such lovely names! I honestly have nothing to add, except for my sincere approval. [name]Just[/name] for fun:
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

For B/G, I think I’ll vote for [name]Nora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]. I don’t think the “L” sound in [name]Oliver[/name] matters, because [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name] has an L sound too! And in the end, I like [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] better than I do [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]. I chose [name]Nora[/name] over [name]Lucy[/name] because of [name]Leo[/name]. double L sounds are one thing, double L beginnings are another. (I’ll let it slide for G/G twins though, since I [name]LOVE[/name]!! [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] so much.) :slight_smile:

For B/B twins, I think [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] go very well together. Here are a few more middle name options that you asked for:
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugh[/name] (close to [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugo[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Byron[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Roman[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Walker[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Fabian[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]

One last thing–I noticed in the post before your last post you mentioned [name]Emmett[/name]. I honestly love that name! It’s not even too popular right now, though it probably will be in a few years. Names like [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Julius[/name], [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Isaac[/name], and [name]Emmett[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] spring to mind. You mentioned Twilight: no, I don’t think people will connect the name to the books automatically, but I am so mad at [name]Stephanie[/name] [name]Meyer[/name]! She ruined [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Cullen[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] for me. :frowning:

Well, congratulations! Your children have such amazing names, and I’m sure whatever you choose for these two will be gorgeous. The best of luck to you and your family. :slight_smile:

I love Greek mythology, and a set of twin gods were named [name]Artemis[/name](goddess of the moon) and [name]Apollo[/name](god of the sun). [name]Artemis[/name] was born first and [name]Apollo[/name] second.

1st twin
[name]Arta[/name](girl or n.n. to [name]Artemis[/name])
[name]Artemis/name

2nd twin
[name]Apollo/name
[name]Appolonia/name

I love, love, love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], separately and as a twinset. I don’t have any problem with [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] sharing initials as they are just two of six - so it seems that you chose names you love not names that start with L, if you know what I mean.
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] is also a great name, but I would have trouble saying [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] together - they seem tongue-twistery to me. But if that is not a concern then I think this would be a great addition to the family.
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] - I prefer this over [name]Oliver[/name] in general and specifically for you because of the [name]Eliza[/name] sound.

So, [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] for G/G (so precious!!)
[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] for B/B (if [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] is ok with you)
[name]Nora[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] for G/B would be my vote!

For a substitution for [name]Oliver[/name], I would avoid [name]Emmett[/name] since you already have a [name]Jasper[/name]. Someone else suggested [name]Everett[/name] - what do you think? [name]Evander[/name] would also fit in with your crew, I think. [name]Evander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]?

Since you love [name]Lucy[/name] so much, why not:

[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Charles[/name] for B/G? To be honest, I have dogs named [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] and I think they go great together. Not the same, but close!

[name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] are great together, and I think [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] would be a good pair! [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] might be shortened to [name]Ollie[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name], which are pretty close together. I love [name]Atticus[/name] as a mn as well. You could always use it as a first name, too! [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name] would be a cool pairing.

Bad news: Our neighbors, who we are really close to, just had their son, and named him [name]Oliver[/name] (They weren’t aware that we were thinking of using it). Since I’m not comfortable stealing their name, we have to find another boy name that we can use.

We aren’t sure if we want to use [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] anymore, either. It just seems kind of…bleh next to our other kids’ names. We do like [name]Charlie[/name], but [name]Charles[/name] doesn’t really do anything for us. It just doesn’t have that spark to it.

We’re definitely using [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] if the twins turn out to be both girls. We love [name]Lucy[/name] so much that we think we’ll use it if one of the twins is a girl, so we need a good name that goes with [name]Lucy[/name].

Any more boy name suggestions?

[name]Henry[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and

I just love [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] and it sounds so good with your other children’s names too. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is perfect! PS Disappointed to see [name]Charles[/name] out the door.

I adore [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], fantastic whoo hoo!! Hurray.

I think that seeing as you have the spunky [name]Eliza[/name] and the cheeky [name]Lucy[/name] you need to outstanding [name]Scarlett[/name] to perfect the trio.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], hope that you think it rocks, I do!

[name]Eliza[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]

If you have two sons then [name]Quentin[/name] has the quirkiness and the class.

[name]Quentin[/name] [name]Timothy[/name]

I also love, love [name]Rupert[/name]. [name]Rupert[/name] [name]Laurence[/name].

To go against popular opinion, I do not find any joy in [name]Nora[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name], they sound staid and boring to me. although I do like [name]Penny[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Jude[/name] is lovely, [name]Jude[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] would fix the problem of copycatting from friend’s new baby.

[name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Emmett[/name] in your sibset.

Girls

[name]Georgina[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
Like [name]Isabel[/name], this spelling
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

Suggestions:
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Kane[/name]
[name]Prior[/name]
[name]Rhett[/name]

I really like [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]. I don’t think [name]Charlie[/name]'s too plain. I think it’s charming and lovable.

Couple of Girl Suggestions:
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
I love [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] too.

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] is lovely I like [name]Nora[/name] but it doesn’t sparkle for me with [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] & [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Nora[/name] would be lovely.

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Charles[/name] & [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]Charles[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Charles[/name] & [name]Jude[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Jude[/name] & [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name] [name]Jude[/name] & [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

I looove [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]. It sounds so handsome and [name]Charlie[/name] fits well with your other children!

For a girl insted of [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] you could try [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]. For a boy [name]James[/name] goes nicely with [name]Oliver[/name]. Or as they are twins you could have the same letter at the beginning, so [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] or [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name].

[name]Leo[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] and …

I love [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] - they are perfect!

The boys’ names that I can really see with your children’s names are :
[name]Ben[/name] (on its own, or a nn for [name]Benjamin[/name]/[name]Bennett[/name]/[name]Benedict[/name])
[name]George[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]/[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Max[/name] (possible a nn for [name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Maximus[/name]/[name]Maximillian[/name], but I think it works well on its own).

Good luck!

We’ve been searching pretty hard the past few days for boy names, and this is what we’ve (we being me, my husband, and [name]Leo[/name]) come up with. It’s just a short list of names all of us like.

DH likes…
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]

I like…
[name]Owen[/name] (might be too trendy and childish, though)
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]

I think my husband wants more quirky and “manly” names because these are our last babies, and he wants to make them “count”. Men.

I’m not too thrilled with either of our lists. What are your opinions?

Also, it’d be great if you could “sell me” a name, since I’m not going gaga over any of them.

Again, thanks so much!

[name]Hope[/name] you don’t think this is too unkind

[name]Felix[/name] The [name]Cat[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] A [name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name] The Dog
[name]Jack[/name] if you add [name]Russell[/name] Another Dog

I like…
[name]Owen[/name] Popular yes, childish no, a good choice

[name]Emmett[/name] Too like the super trendy and popular [name]Emma[/name] to be in the mix

[name]Charlie[/name] My favourite

[name]Hugo[/name] Rather snobbish overtones for me

[name]Leo[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]James[/name]

[name]Felix[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name]…those are my favorite four!

My favorite pairing would be [name]Felix[/name] with [name]Hugo[/name].

A few others suggestions:

[name]Felix[/name] & [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] & [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] & [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] & [name]Wyatt[/name]

[name]Emmett[/name] & [name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] & [name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] & [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] & [name]Rowan[/name]

[name]Beckett[/name] & [name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] &[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] & [name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] & [name]Levi[/name]

[name]Hugo[/name]& [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] & [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] & [name]Wylie[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] & [name]Theo[/name]

Some other names I like with [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]:

[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]/[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Gable[/name]
[name]Frost[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Beacon[/name]
[name]Anchor[/name]

[name]Felix[/name] - I think this goes brilliantly with your other children’s names! It is sweet and unusual (but not too out-there) on a child and handsome on an adult, and definitely not confined to cats any more as it is gaining popularity here in [name]England[/name] - I’d say it’s on around the same popularity level as [name]Jasper[/name], now (not wildly popular, but not unheard of).

It has a brilliant meaning (lucky and successful), and evokes the many saints who held the name, four popes, and the composer [name]Felix[/name] Mendelssohn.

[name]Saint[/name] [name]Felix[/name] of [name]Nola[/name] was hiding from soldiers in a deserted building during the persecution of Christians, when God is said to have sent a spider to build a cobweb over the door, thereby fooling the soldiers into thinking that no-one had entered the house.

[name]Beckett[/name] - as a surname name, it strikes me as a little modern next to your other children’s names.

[name]Roscoe[/name] - as with [name]Beckett[/name], it doesn’t seem to match very well.

[name]Jack[/name] - such a classic! It may be a little plain next to your other children’s names, though; I think this would make an excellent middle name.

[name]Owen[/name] - I’m not so fond of this one.

[name]Emmett[/name] - I love, love, love this name, but as you already have a [name]Jasper[/name], I fear that it may be too much.

[name]Charlie[/name] - I love this with your other children’s names. It is friendly and accessable, but also a refined classic, and so will work well on an adult and in more formal situations.

[name]Charles[/name] was originally a Eurpean name, derived from Charlemagne, the [name]Frank[/name] king who ruled over most of Europe. It subsequently became popular with other royal families, and has been born by several Holy [name]Roman[/name] Emperors and kings of [name]France[/name], [name]Sweden[/name], Hungary, Spain and Portugal; it is most definitely a regal choice.

It came to [name]England[/name] with [name]Mary[/name] [name]Queen[/name] of Scots, who was raised in [name]France[/name]. It has been the name of two kings of [name]England[/name], and evokes some romantic notions due to all of the Roundheads and Cavaliers stories surrounding them both (the name always reminds me of The Children of the New [name]Forest[/name], one of my favourite books when I was younger).

Talented bearers of the name include [name]Charles[/name] [name]Darwin[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] Dickens - both admirable namesakes.

[name]Saint[/name] [name]Charles[/name] [name]Borromeo[/name] was a bishop who suffered from a severe speech impediment, but he never let that hold him back or defeat him. He is known for his wisdom and benevolence, and his piety.

[name]Hugo[/name] - I adore this choice, and think it goes brilliantly with your other children’s names. I think that [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name] would be adorable names for twins, and I do not think that it matters at all that it has the same starting letter as [name]Henry[/name], because other than that they do not contain any of the same sounds. [name]Hugo[/name] is unusual yet accessable, and would work well on someone of any age.

It was the surname of [name]Victor[/name] [name]Hugo[/name], the brilliant author of [name]Les[/name] Miserables and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. He was also a poet and human rights activist, amongst other things, and has been called the greatest French poet ever to have lived. Here is the URL to the Wikepedia page about him : Victor Hugo - Wikipedia

My favourite of your choices is [name]Hugo[/name], with [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] in second place.

For boy/girl twins I think [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] would be perfection, or [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] as a second choice.

For boy/boy twins, I think that [name]Hugo[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] are perfect together, but both would also easily work with [name]Charlie[/name].

[name]Just[/name] a few combinations :
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Owen[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name] [name]Jack[/name].

Good luck!

Right now our top three boys names, with middles, are…

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]

I think if our twins are both boys, they’ll be [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]–[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Max[/name]. Since we think we’ll be definitely using [name]Charles[/name], we want a name that can also be shortened to a nickname so [name]Charlie[/name] won’t be the only one. We aren’t going gaga over [name]Maxwell[/name] yet, though; can you think of an alternative?

If the twins are a boy and a girl, they’ll be [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]. Is it too much to have the “E” sound at the end of both their names?

And if the twins are both girls, they will definitely be [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name].

I’m late in this discussion, but [name]Maxwell[/name] alternatives are [name]Maxfield[/name] and [name]Bramwell[/name], but they’re both a bit strange next to [name]Charles[/name]…

Other possibilities:
[name]Nowell[/name]
[name]Wellington[/name]
[name]Maximo[/name]
[name]Maxim[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Melville[/name]
[name]Blackwell[/name] (it’s rather dark though…)
[name]Maxence[/name] (This one is going on my list!)
[name]Huxley[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Maurice[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Maverick[/name]
[name]Marvel[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]

And that’s all I could think of! Best of luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] are great names and make a great sibset.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] together

[name]Lucy[/name] & [name]Nora[/name] is a great pair, and I like [name]Charlie[/name] & [name]Max[/name] too. Congrats on finding names you like!

By the way, I have young cousins named [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]. They’re siblings, but not twins.

I don’t think that, in general, having matching endings is a problem (e.g., [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] sounds fine to me). I also don’t think that having one kid go by a nickname and the other by a full name is that bad (e.g. [name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Max[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] sounds ok to me), although I think it’s better if they’re symmetrical (e.g. I might prefer just [name]Max[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]). In my personal opinion, though, it’s sort of weird to have the kids go by names that end in the same sound when one is a nickname and one isn’t. I guess being put next to [name]Charlie[/name], for instance, makes [name]Lucy[/name] seem more nicknamey. If you agree, would you consider using [name]Lucy[/name] as a nickname for something longer, like [name]Lucia[/name]? I’m pretty sure this isn’t really an issue, though, just my personal weirdness, so if it doesn’t bother you, [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] would be a really nice match! (I personally prefer it to [name]Max[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] – just in case this post is ambiguous).

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] - both brilliant names, with brilliant flow.
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Alastair[/name] - I love both of these, although I agree that [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] are the best together.
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] - I’m so glad that you’ve come around a little to [name]Max[/name]; I think it is perfect with your other children’s names, and I love [name]Hugo[/name] too.

A couple of alternatives to [name]Maxwell[/name] (although I love it) are :
[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Alex[/name]
[name]Ben[/name] as a nn for [name]Benjamin[/name]/[name]Bennett[/name]/[name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] nn [name]Sam[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name].

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] are perfect together, in my opinion.

The other [name]Max[/name] name, [name]Maximilian[/name], was the name of a [name]Saint[/name] who was imprisoned in Auschwitz. He acted as a priest for the other prisoners, until he was eventually killed when he voluntarily took the place of a young prisoner who had been condemned to death. A truly inspirational namesake.

I think [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] are very nice together, but I actually prefer [name]Max[/name] with [name]Lucy[/name] - just my opinion, though, and I don’t think them both having an -ee sound is a problem at all.

Good luck!