Hayden

I’ve been in love with the name [name]Hayden[/name] since highschool; it’s one of the few names that has stuck with me all these years. Now with all the popularity of these type of “ayden” names, I’m feeling a little torn. I also read that it is rising in popularity for girls, and I wouldn’t want our son resenting us for that!

I also happened upon [name]Pamela[/name]'s article in the [name]Daily[/name] Best re: “Elite Names” and the first comment is below:

"Ask any teacher and they can tell a lot about a child’s family just by the child’s name. The worst are contrived names, followed by copying the names of celebrity children’s. If you or your loved ones have a baby on the way it is better to stick with traditional names; yes, [name]Susan[/name] or [name]John[/name], would be far less burdensome than [name]Peyton[/name], or [name]Jaden[/name], [name]Hayden[/name], [name]Cayden[/name]. "

Really? Would [name]Hayden[/name] be burdensome? Obviously, I’m not basing this choice on internet comments, but I’d like to get some impressions from all of you out there.

Our first girl is [name]Elizabeth[/name]. If we had another, she will be [name]Hannah[/name].

My husband and I agreed that our first boy will be [name]Noah[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]… Yes, [name]Noah[/name] is popular as well, but we love it too much to part with that one!

Second boy would be [name]Hayden[/name]. We also like [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Harper[/name], but we aren’t ready to part with [name]Hayden[/name].

So, since this is the “high-quality, intelligent source for stylish names,” what do you think?

I think that if the other “ayden” names weren’t so popular, [name]Hayden[/name] would be a fine choice. But it has become a part of the boy meganame. So it’s sounding trendy and would be similar to a lot of other boys’ names. I doubt that you would want that.

[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], and [name]Noah[/name] are all great names. Except [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] sound kind of similar. I especially love [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. [name]Hayden[/name] sounds very different than the other names on your list. Plus [name]Hayden[/name] is very similar to [name]Hannah[/name]. Here is a list of names of potential brothers for [name]Noah[/name]:

[name]Abraham[/name] nn [name]Bram[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] - love
[name]Daniel[/name] - love, but it is so popular
[name]Ezekiel[/name] nn [name]Zeke[/name]
[name]Hosea[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] - love
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] - see [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] - not a biblical name, but it has a gentle side that is similar to [name]Noah[/name]'s mildness.
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] - love so much!
[name]Zachary[/name] - hunky

I know what you mean about [name]Hayden[/name] being a popular choice for girls now. My son’s name is [name]Kyle[/name], and when we had him 12 years ago, we never dreamed that it would be used as a girl’s name! I was shocked when I read it as a suggestion for a girl’s name in a magazine. However, we have yet to meet a female [name]Kyle[/name], so thankfully, it has remained a male-dominated name around here.
That being said, use [name]Hayden[/name] if you love it! It is a handsome name, and goes nicely with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Noah[/name]. ([name]May[/name] be too matchy with [name]Hannah[/name])

[name]Hayden[/name] is a tad trendy and the -ayden names may ultimately date an individual to the early 2000’s. But so what? All the old timey names that used to date our grandparents are now roaring back into style. It’s cyclic. And maybe having a name that conjures up an entire generation is a good thing.

That being said, I sort of doubt that [name]Hayden[/name] will ever become the [name]Earl[/name] or [name]Mildred[/name] of your child’s generation. Maybe it’ll be more like the [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Henry[/name], or somewhere in between. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. If you love it, use it.