Hazel middles

So it looks as though we are leaning towards naming our soon to be daughter [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name], still concerned about how common [name]Ruby[/name] is but I rarely hear it where I live in [name]New[/name] [name]England[/name] so I’m getting over it.

Our other possibility is [name]Hazel[/name], but we’d love to use [name]Alice[/name] as a middle name to honor my grandma and several people pointed out that [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alice[/name] doesn’t have great flow. I know there’s lots if names that work beautifully with [name]Hazel[/name], but I’d really like to use a family name for the middle. The other thought us [name]Grace[/name], my great-grandmotger’s name.

Is [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and better than [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alice[/name]? They both do have an ‘ah’ and sibilant sound, so I don’t know if it really helps.

Thanks!

Sorry for the typos! First time posting in my phone.

I prefer [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. - I’m personally not a fan of 80’s Names. I do [name]Love[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] though.

Why not have [name]Hazel[/name]-[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name]-[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name].

Thanks. So is [name]Ruby[/name] an 80s name? As in 1980s?That’s interesting, I don’t think of it that way.

Not sure about [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] together because of the double color bit…

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is a great combo of spunk and sweetness

I love all your name choices!
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is adorable. [name]Hazel[/name] is one of my most favorite names, but I think it sounds better paired with a 3 syllable middle name.

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alison[/name] is nice, a slightly longer version of [name]Alice[/name].

I love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name]! Fellow [name]New[/name] Englander here and I second the idea that the name is not heard much around here. [name]Hazel[/name] is also a very lovely name – tough choice! [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] could work though, if you are looking for other combos. Either way, your daughter is going to have a beautiful name. :slight_smile:

[name]Ruby[/name] is not an 80s name! I love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] does sound a little bit better than [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. At least where I live, [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] are equally popular (neither one is terribly overused). I think [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] could be a great sibset.

Och, I’m loving [name]Hazel[/name] lately! [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is a bit hard to say, but it is very sweet. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a bit hissy and sing-songy, but I do like it much more. Mainly because I’m super picky about [name]Hazel[/name] and I actually like [name]Grace[/name] paired with it. :slight_smile: I think [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would be super sweet for sisters, too. :slight_smile:

Good luck!