[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! [name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], and I go by [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] on Nameberry. I am the (self-appointed and completely unofficial) [name_u]New[/name_u] Member Greeter Person. I am not a moderator- I’m not even a regular yet (but it’s like my dream to become one)!
If you are a new member, here are some things you should know:
- We are all automatically your friends. Congratulations on getting a bunch of new friends.
- If you are unsure about something, don’t be afraid to ask! If you have a question about the site, you can ask it on the All About Nameberry Quick Question thread in #all-about-nameberry.
- @katinka is The Big Supreme [name_m]Boss[/name_m] here. Listen to her. ([name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry, she’s really nice). If you have a concern about a topic (make that a concern about anything), and don’t feel comfortable posting it for whatever reason, private message her.
- Everybody here should be friendly and welcoming. All posts should be polite. If you see something rude or inappropriate, flag it!
- I would suggest against putting your full name on Nameberry. However, many users put their real first names. Others choose a name for themselves. [name_f]Do[/name_f] whatever you feel comfortable with! But please come up with something to go by, so we can refer to you without typing your username.
- User cards! Your user card is what is displayed when somebody clicks on your profile picture at the top of your posts. I’m not going to explain how to use them right now because I’m getting sick of typing all this, but listen: No matter what people say, the user card is not the place to describe yourself. User cards are to list your favorite name combos! I mean, put your name (or chosen nameberry name) and (optional) age, and maybe a line about yourself, but leave space for names!
- Teenberries! If you are a teenager, PLEASE check out the teenberries thread in Everything but Names. I am a teenberry (I know, shocking, right? I seem so MATURE) and I can tell you firsthand that the Teenberries are a very supportive community. You’ll get to know us all a little bit.
- That’s all (for now). If you are a new user, please reply to this so we can say hi to you!
Your new friend, [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]. (@katinka did I do well?)