Help add to my list of classic, yet distinctive boys?

I need boy help.

Husband and I have one name that we’re pretty set on, that also goes well with my favorites from my girls’ list—[name_m]Mattias[/name_m]. It’s a family name and if we have a boy, I’m fairly certain that will be his name.

If we have more than one, however, or if for some reason we don’t feel like the name suits a son we have, I’m kind of at a loss. I do have a short list of names I like, but I have some issues with pretty much all of them. And I’d really like to expand my options.

Here’s what I’ve got:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] (I think it’s really cool, but too short of a name next to [name_m]Mattias[/name_m] and my girls’ names)
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]

I really wish I could find some names that are as distinctive and uncommon as [name_m]Mattias[/name_m], yet classic-sounding.

Other names I like but don’t really fit the style of my other names:
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m] (would never use if we had a [name_m]Mattias[/name_m])

Any ideas?

[name_m]Mattias[/name_m] and [name_m]Leander[/name_m] would be excellent together. Here are some more ideas (sorry for repeats/overlaps):

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Theophilus[/name_m]
[name_m]Giles[/name_m]
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Anatole[/name_m]
[name_m]Philemon[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Erastus[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Hiram[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Tavish[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Dermot[/name_m]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]

Those are a bit all over the place, aren’t they?

[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] and I love the name [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]… of my favorites.
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] nickname rye
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m] or [name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m] nn [name_u]Joey[/name_u], joe, jay
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] nn [name_m]Sean[/name_m], [name_m]Ian[/name_m], [name_m]Austin[/name_m], etc
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] nn ken, [name_m]Kent[/name_m], [name_m]Keith[/name_m], kit
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] nn [name_m]Lawson[/name_m], aren/[name_m]Aaron[/name_m], lance or [name_u]Reece[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] nn van, [name_u]Vinnie[/name_u], [name_m]Vince[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] nn rye, [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], grey, etc
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] based on [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] yet not as common sort of how [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] is based off of [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and it is not as popular but still handsome.

I am also searching for classic but less common names. Here are some of the ones I found that I really like:
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Grover[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] (becoming a little too popular for my taste but a really cute name)
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (already on your list but I thought I’d mention how much I adore that name!)

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]

Since you’re using [name_m]Mattias[/name_m] without an H, and therefore I assume pronouncing it “matt-EYE-us” rather than “ma-THIGH-us”, I think you need equally Continental-sounding names to pair along. I agree, nothing ending with -s, and names like [name_u]Asa[/name_u] (an ancient Israeli king) seem a little mismatched.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like Italianate names, their versions of the classics? [name_m]Giancarlo[/name_m], [name_m]Paolo[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u]? What about another Germanic/Scandinavian name, like [name_m]Dieter[/name_m], [name_m]Bjorn[/name_m], or [name_m]Gerard[/name_m]? Something [name_m]French[/name_m]- [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_u]Andre[/name_u], [name_m]Yves[/name_m]?