Help! All my family will suggest are tryndee names!

We are asking for suggestions from my side of the family, bless them…told them a few of our favorites, which lend themselves to the more classic styles, in general. However, our family thinks these sound “so old” and have latched onto names such as:

[name]Rainey[/name]
[name]Tenley[/name] (mom and sister’s current fav–no thanks!)

And also other variations of three random letters followed by -lyn or -ley. I know we probably should just not have shared at all, but I don’t know how to make them understand that this is just not the style we are going for!

Also, I’ve posted this before, but our favorites, as of now:

[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Bram[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]

Oh my goodness, I love [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] so much! Excuse me, but you’re the mother and you decide what is best for your kid - it.is.this.name. Tell your family they can call her [name]Cordy[/name] if you don’t mind.
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is completely gorgeous as well.
It is your baby. They will get used to the name.

I think your names are fantastic! Obviously your family has different taste than you do, so you shouldn’t worry too much about their criticism since it’s not really relevant to what you’re going for. Once the baby is born and named, they will warm up to the name because of their love for the child. In the meanwhile, it might be best to avoid further name discussion because it will only make you frustrated as you want them to feel the same way as you do and they aren’t going to. You have to accept that. It’s a long road to travel between [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Tenley[/name]; not a journey to be made in one lifetime!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Emmy[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]: I love this!

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]: I think this is handome, too…

[name]Bram[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]: I like the others more…

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: So pretty!
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!!!

I love your names, [name]Emmy[/name]! I’m sorry you’re being bombarded with trendy suggestions, but on the bright side, names like [name]Tenley[/name] (I guess it’s better than eightley or ninely) simply reinforce that you’ve made the right decisions with your list!

My favorite of your options are [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] (this sounds so distinguished to me) and [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name], but they’re all great. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

They might not understand. Stick with what you like. [name]Love[/name] the boy names.

My faves are [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Harrison[/name], very handsome

And the pretty [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name]

Tell your family that we think you have great taste.

HILARIOUS! [name]Tenley[/name] is pretty awful…
Your names are much more attractive and have staying power. A name your child can wear with pride! I say choose what YOU like, because you’re doing a great job!

Eightley and Nineley made me laugh out loud! Maybe for fun you should tell your family that you’ve been considering their suggestion of [name]Tenley[/name] and that while it’s not your favorite, it made you think of Nineley, which you adore, and that will be the baby’s name.

Wow, my vote goes to [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]! Beautiful! [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is nice too. (I could hardly stop laughing at the humorous truth in the comment about the relatives – that it’s a long road between [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Tenley[/name], not to be made in one lifetime. Yes, it may be best to hold off further talk about the name until the announcement on the big day!)

You have gorgeous names picked out! Well done!

Can you talk to your family and let them know the names they are suggesting aren’t your style? Or maybe even tell them you’ve decided on the names already (even if you haven’t it might get them to stop). You don’t even have to tell them your final choices!

Anyway, once your baby is born I’m sure they will grow to love the name they deemed too stuffy when they see it on a beautiful child!

Good luck to you!

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions, everyone! I’ve started to mostly just ignore them. I think (intuition) that we’re having a boy…and he’ll be [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] whether they like it or not! Girl…[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name], probably…that’s our current favorite…nickname Chessa or [name]Chase[/name]. They’ll just have to deal!

if you listen to family you and your husband won’t really end up with the names that you really love. Who’s having the baby you or them?
approval feels nice but your not always gonna get it. eventually they will say: we didn’t like the names you chose in the beginning but now we couldn’t see them being named anything else!
stick to your guns! good luck!

[name]Rainey[/name] - it’s cute, but I bet it will sound dated in five years.
[name]Tenley[/name] (mom and sister’s current fav–no thanks!) - blah, your mom had her chance naming babies and your sister can name her own babies. This is your turn to name a baby along with your husband. I would just thank them for their ideas and say that you have a name list.

And also other variations of three random letters followed by -lyn or -ley. I know we probably should just not have shared at all, but I don’t know how to make them understand that this is just not the style we are going for!

Also, I’ve posted this before, but our favorites, as of now:

[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] - love!
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Bram[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] - love

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - I don’t really like this name combo, but I love each name individually. What about [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Cosette[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Henriette[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lilou[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Mireille[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Pauline[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Veronique[/name], or [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]? A simpler idea is [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Jane[/name].
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] - brilliant, love it!

It could be worse. My mom suggested Jaklyn to me.

I’m glad you’re sticking with your favorites, [name]Emmy[/name]! I love [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is growing on me!

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Faye[/name] & [name]Bram[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] are stunning!