Help! Baby boy #4 and at a total loss

My granny went by her middle name her entire life as she hated her first name. She was born Ⱡaura Jꬴannꬴ, and went by Jꬴannꬴ. When it came to paper work or anything legal or financial, she always put it down as Ⱡ. Jꬴannꬴ. No one ever questioned it, and most (including her pastor) had no clue Jꬴannꬴ wasn’t her first name. She never had any problems this way, but I think part of it is down to the times she started this in (1920s/1930s). I think with how easy it is to find out full names today, she would probably be in the same boat as your mom if she tried doing this in today’s world.

Loving [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] for you!

My vote goes to [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]! It’s a handsome choice that goes well with his brothers. And like others have said, don’t go for [name_m]William[/name_m] if you don’t love it and [name_u]George[/name_u] doesn’t have the best flow with the surname.

But if you love nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], then I think [name_u]Francis[/name_u] would be fine as a first name too! I always find it a little odd when the parents give the child a first name they never intend to use.

My favorite from your list is [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. I love the unexpected nicknames for it! Some suggestions would be [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m] or [name_u]Percy[/name_u]. Good luck and congrats on the fourth boy!

My fave is [name_m]William[/name_m], but if it’s not growing on you, you should hold out for a name you love!

Thank you so much for your input, ladies! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is set on [name_m]William[/name_m] given that it is a family name. He also thinks it goes better with our future girl name if we were to have one, [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Maggie [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Maura [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. What are some cute nicknames for [name_m]William[/name_m]? [name_m]Wills[/name_m]?

My brother is [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_u]Eli[/name_u], named after my grandfather, and has always gone by his mn [name_u]Eli[/name_u]. I asked him about it, and he said he’s never had a problem with it.

1 Like

Willis is definitely my favorite nn for [name_m]William[/name_m]!

Also:
[name_m]Will[/name_m]
[name_u]Willie[/name_u]
[name_m]Bill[/name_m]
[name_u]Billy[/name_u]
[name_u]Liam[/name_u]
(I’m sorry, I can’t think of any more!!)

Wills and [name_m]Will[/name_m] are cute nicknames for [name_m]William[/name_m].

If you go with [name_m]William[/name_m] and call him [name_u]Liam[/name_u], just know that [name_u]Liam[/name_u] is huge right now for newborns.

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. I know someone has already suggested it, but that’s my vote!

Edward [name_u]Francis[/name_u] sounds great to me! I think it goes well with your last name and I love the nickname options. He could go by [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]/Ted/Eddy/Ed/Ward. I like the name [name_u]George[/name_u] a lot though and I think that’s also a great option. It just maybe doesn’t flow quite as well with the middle and last name.

I love your boys’ names! You have an amazing taste.
[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to the magnificent [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. [name_m]Ward[/name_m] is such a cool nickname!
I love [name_m]William[/name_m], but if you don’t, I believe this name should be the first to go.

Francis [name_m]William[/name_m] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]?

1 Like

Think you got them all with this list! [name_f]Every[/name_f] [name_m]William[/name_m] I personally know or have heard of falls into one of these nicknames.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband is now adamant that he doesn’t like [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. :woman_facepalming:t4: This child may never be named. He likes [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Maximillian[/name_m]. Thoughts from this list. Middle name is [name_u]Francis[/name_u], I told him I’m holding firm on this one.

@TrollMom Thank you. I did wonder about how it would be if she had done it now. Seems like it would have been just as smooth now as it was then. :blush:

1 Like

Okay, thoughts on [name_m]Edward[/name_m] with the nn [name_m]Ward[/name_m]?

I know someone with that name and nickname, so it seems very usable to me!

Edward [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is fantastic!