help! baby name drama!

So…!
The baby name fanatic, is now pregnant and gone off baby names like morning sickness!
I feel like all those names that were in the back of my mind are now stale.
I used to love, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], … You get the picture

NOW all I have is [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Which don’t get me wrong I love. But they’re not really my style? Or what I thought was my style. My BF will not cooperate in name choosing and I’m not sure why.

Any ideas of what I’m going through ?

Or also middle names for daisy and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] that maybe express individuality more so?
Thanks for reading!:oops::-?

Naming a child is far different than creating lists. Your style preferences might change now that you are expecting.

I adore [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and starting to adore [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. They would both make a great sibling set.

I suggest that you explore names again and start getting a feel of names that really speak to you now. Are there any important names, honor names, special names, you would love to see in a combo?

Thanks for your reply it has helped me change way of thinking !
Middle name
Two syllables would be nice and surname begins with a W.
So something that flows well.
:blush:

I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]! But I see what you mean, they are definitely different from your previous list. Luckily time is on your side. I also think exploring names again is a good idea but so is taking a step back. Like give yourself a week break, come back and see which names are at the top for you.

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] would be cute!

I have [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] in my signature you may want to consider it?
I would also suggest
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]/[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Charleston[/name_m]/[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is nice too

For [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] I am not sure.
Maybe
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Orlaith[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]

Maybe [name_f]Diana[/name_f] (or [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]) nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]? [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] or [name_m]Henrik[/name_m] nn [name_m]Henry[/name_m]?

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Blanche[/name_f] / [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] Nimuë / [name_f]Nimue[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Katia[/name_f] / [name_f]Katja[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Elettra[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Kalila[/name_f]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Torin[/name_m] / [name_m]Thorin[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] / [name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Klaus[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] / [name_f]Clemence[/name_f] / [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] / [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]

I would say just stop thinking about names and name lists and styles. Think about your future sons and daughters, about the name of an actual human being, that you use every day and shout across the carpark and yell when you’re cross. If you woke up tomorrow with loads of kids, what would their names be? Like, I really like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], but they just don’t feel like something I’d actually use - deep down, I just know they’re not my kids’ names. They’re not names that make me feel happy and lit-up inside. So maybe a different way of saying this is to think that your kids already have names, you just have to find out what they are. More listening than deciding, if that makes sense!

Also try thinking about what sort of name truly appeals to you. [name_m]Long[/name_m], flowery names? Strong I sound, e.g. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]? Simplistic? Unusual? Names with heritage? Names with great meanings? Think of it as an opportunity rather than a problem.

Some (mixed!) suggestions:

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maura[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Dasha[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Ffion[/name_f] [name_f]Elisheba[/name_f]
[name_f]Klementina[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ardelia[/name_f] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_f]Sia[/name_f] [name_f]Mabyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Janetta[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Hailey[/name_f]

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m] [name_m]Colt[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcellus[/name_m] [name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_m]Torquil[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Trent[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Maverick[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] [name_m]Vine[/name_m]
Ayrton [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Norbert[/name_m] [name_m]Idris[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Algernon[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

I am in the same boat phoebe97, been thinking about names for ages yet now that it has come time to name a real human it’s well, just so much harder. My husband is also being an a$$ about it. I always liked non traditional, mythological names, but now i’m leaning more traditional with a fun nickname. I really didn’t want to find out the gender, hubby felt he would have a nervous breakdown if we didn’t, and i’ve decided the silver lining is we will not have to agree on names for a boy and girl, agreeing on even one seems impossible these days.

I do like both [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is one of the few we agree on as well, but it’s popularity is a downside for me. Maybe also consider [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]? or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] called [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]? Having a simple more traditional first with a fun middle may satisfy your naming obsessing. For my part, I feel it will get easier once the baby becomes more prominent, I still have days I can’t believe I’m pregnant, and I’m not due till [name_f]September[/name_f].

Naming a tiny human can be a completely different thing! I would definitely find something that means something to you. if that is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], then go with them. Cool/interesting middle names can help “spice up” the names.