HELP: Charlotte!?

Me either!! I was looking for comments but didn’t want to ask family and friends. After reading most of these comments I’m feeling better about my choice :slight_smile:

I think it is beautiful and if you love it you should go for it! It is becoming more popular but it is also timeless.

It’s a timeless classic. No one is going to hear [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and think “ew, that’s an old-lady name!” It’s SUPER popular where I live. My husband’s cousin has a daughter named [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] who is affectionately referred to as [name_m]Chuck[/name_m]. (LOL! [name_m]Just[/name_m] in the family!) My best friend almost named her daughter [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and planned on calling her [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], but she changed her mind at the last minute. We have met a few other young Charlottes at play groups, too, some called [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and some called [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] the idea of a “timeless classic”. Thank you!

Oh, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I tire quickly of poor overexposed [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. It feels like every other baby or future baby I encounter is destined to be a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Sorry, but I’m getting sick of it.

However, it is pretty. So if you really like it, then go for it. I don’t think it sounds old ladyish. It could be really neat with an unusual middle. Like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Acadia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f].

Best of luck!

Oh I think [name_f]Larissa[/name_f] is right about [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]!

My middle name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and it was a family name, so it definitely is old, but I think its timeless. I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a great name to have when your older. I’m due with a boy in [name_u]January[/name_u] but it was on my girl’s name list. I liked that I could use either nicknames [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_f]Coco[/name_f] when the child was small so it didn’t seem old-fashioned. Same with my first name [name_f]Julia[/name_f] tho, it was also a family name and when my mom had me they all said it sounded old, obviously because it was my great- grandma’s name. But I think it suits me and it is making a comeback as well.

I certainly understand why you feel it is overused. For some reason it sounds so beautiful to my ears when I think of my daughter’s life to come. The nice thing is I don’t have any family or friends who have used the name. I am a teacher and I’ve never had any students with the name either so no negative associations. [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] is a cool middle name!

Well then that’s great! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you decide to go with it!

I think we are going with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Very excited!! :slight_smile: