HELP: Charlotte!?

I know [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is becoming more popular, but I am considering naming our little girl due in [name_u]March[/name_u] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I’m looking for open thoughts/opinions on [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a first name. Particularly whether or not you think it sounds too “old fashioned” or “old lady.”

Thank you!

I don’t think it’s an old lady name at all. I’ve only met young Charlottes. It is a very classic name that will age well.

I don’t think it is old lady at all. Very much the opposite. I know about 10 [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s, the oldest being six years old.

The [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] I knew was a mean old bat, but I loved the music of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Church. Not a favorite name, but I like nn [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] on a girl.

I’ve loved [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], since I read “[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s [name_m]Web[/name_m]” as a child. Go for it! No I don’t think it is too old fashioned as I went to highschool with a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] who was nicknamed [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

Thank you!!

Although I get called by my middle name; my real name is actually [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Although it has been in the top 10 names for the last few years, I have rarely come across others named [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Throughout high school I never had any other [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s in my classes until my last year. It’s classsic and I love it. For my family who know me as [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], I have the nick name [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], which I think is super cute :slight_smile: Go for it!

I have fallen in love with the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] over the last year. I use to think it was too old ladyish, but now I think it’s wonderful for a little girl. Go for it!

No problem! I’d love to meet a little [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I think it is a beautiful name.

Thanks [name_f]Erin[/name_f]. What middle name do you like the best with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]: [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], or [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]?

It’s not old lady AT ALL. It was one of my first dream baby names as a little girl (20 years ago) and now I wouldn’t use it because of popularity - meaning it’s very much a little girl name these days! Enough parents think so to make it a top 50 name in the US, so you don’t have to worry about her fitting in, like you might with the old lady names that haven’t come back yet.

And since it’s a name I love but can’t use myself, I love seeing other people use it! It’s a fantastic name. I’ve always liked [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but there are plenty of other options based on your style and how she turns out - tomboyish [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] (not my fav on girls), modern [name_f]Carli[/name_f], quirky [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_u]Arlie[/name_u].

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is divine. If you use it, she will thank you for it someday. :slight_smile:

My name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]; but I get called [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] (hense my profile name)
I’ve always loved the combination. They are both classic names that don’t age. However if you have a long muliti-syllable surname I would be more hesitant. I have a short one syllable surname so it works. Absolutely recommend it if your surname allows!

I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a lovely name. I think of a pretty/regal woman or a cute little girl. Old lady doesn’t come to mind. =)

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] sounds very trendy and cute to me! It’s actually not too popular in my area but if it is in your area [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] could make cute nicknames.

This helps…thanks!!

I love it! [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f], is on my own list, and I don’t find it old-lady-like at all. It’s consistently been in the top 300 or so, so I don’t think it’s ever really gone out of style. I think it’s fab.

The good news is we have a one syllable 4 letter last name!

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and think it would suit a girl of any age. I would be considering it myself, but I want to stay away from names that are too popular. It’s gorgeous, though.

It is one of our top contenders for a girl. We are also considering [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_u]Noel[/name_u] as middle names :slight_smile: We love [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]!!! Go for it! I personally do not care if it is growing in popularity :slight_smile: