Help choosing a name for Claire's brother!!

I’m having a boy in [name]June[/name]. Our daughter’s name is [name]Claire[/name]. The last name is a common word starting with “W” and ending with “ter” and is a season.

Middle name will probably be either [name]Joseph[/name] or [name]Karl[/name] (family names).

I love the name [name]William[/name] [name]Karl[/name], nn [name]Will[/name], but DH’s grandfather and uncle were named [name]William[/name] and he doesn’t want to use it. I think [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Will[/name] sound so good together, but I don’t think I can convince DH to change his mind.

Other names we are considering:

[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Connor[/name] (DH loves it. I don’t think it sounds good with our last name)
[name]Colin[/name] (I like it. DH doesn’t)
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]/[name]Nathaniel[/name]/[name]Nate[/name]
[name]Luke[/name] ([name]Lucas[/name]?)
[name]Kenton[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

We both like most names on this list, but we don’t really love any of them.

Opinions and suggestions welcome!

You’re right, [name]Will[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] sound so adorable together. I also love most of your choices so it’s really difficult to pick my fave, but I think I like [name]Miles[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] best, followed closely by [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Karl[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. The only names I don’t really like are [name]Cole[/name], kenton and [name]Connor[/name]. They seem too trendy next to [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] doesn’t have the best flow with your last name.

My other favourite combos are: [name]Luke[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. [name]Reid[/name], [name]Colin[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] are okay but not my faves. Also, seeing as you don’t really love these names, what about these suggestions:

[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]

[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] are SO perfect together. [name]Both[/name] are strong, classic that have a certain softness to them and feel timeless, yet modern. [name]Love[/name] the way they look together, too (similar letters, etc). Also both great with your last name. If [name]Julian[/name] feels too formal, I know two people named [name]Julian[/name] who go by the nn [name]Jude[/name]. One is 3, one is in his 30’s- both are adorable!

I think [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] also sound great together!

If you want to honor the family name, could use [name]William[/name] as a middle name. :slight_smile:

Congrats and good luck!

While I like [name]Will[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] together, I’m personally not a fan of alliteration with the last name.

With [name]Claire[/name], I love [name]Connor[/name] and [name]Reid[/name]. I don’t think you need to worry about [name]Connor[/name] with your last name, it sounds fine.

[name]Connor[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] sound great with [name]Claire[/name]. But my main vote definitely goes to [name]Reid[/name].

[name]EDIT[/name]: I didn’t see [name]Luke[/name] on your list before! For awhile, [name]Luke[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] were both on my list, and I love them together. They’re both classic, and short but substantial.
[name]Luke[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] sounds great! [name]Luke[/name] sounds great with [name]Claire[/name] :slight_smile:

Good luck!

On your list, I love

[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

some other potentials:

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Scott[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Owen[/name] - may be a bit repetitive with your last name
[name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Max[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Bennet[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Dustin[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]

[name]Nathan[/name].

My favorite off your list is [name]Julian[/name]. It is handsome and traditional and will never go out of style. I like [name]Nolan[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] as well, but they are less traditional and a little more trendy (not a bad thing). [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] are also nice. [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] has a nice ring to it. [name]Connor[/name] sounds so young imo. I cant picture it on anyone over the age of 9. Also, I wouldnt use another C name.

Others: [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Everett[/name], [name]Grant[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Adam[/name], [name]Ronan[/name].