Help finding classic names...

[name]Hi[/name] everyone-

I’m hoping to get all of your expert advice as my husband and I search for the perfect names. We are not learning the gender, so we need a boy and girl name. Our last name is Strong.

For a girl, my husband and I agree on first names: [name]Claire[/name] (maternal grandma’s name) or [name]Caroline[/name]. If we go with [name]Caroline[/name], the middle name will be [name]Jane[/name] (paternal grandma’s name). We are at a loss for a middle name if we choose [name]Claire[/name]. It needs to be 2 or 3 syllables in order to flow with our last name.

For a boy, we are having trouble coming to an agreement. Because our last name is Strong, I think a little boy could handle a “softer” name like [name]Julian[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], and [name]Avery[/name]. DH doesn’t like ANY of those names! :frowning: His favorite name is [name]Jack[/name], but I’m concerned with the popularity of that name, even though I think it’s a great name.

Overall, we both like traditional, classic, and vintage names.

Any ideas would be great!!
THANKS!
[name]Leah[/name]

What do you think of [name]Claire[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]? [name]Johanna[/name] is a form of [name]Jane[/name], so it honors both grandmothers, and the flow is much better than [name]Claire[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. If not, I’d suggest [name]Claire[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Claire[/name] [name]Naomi[/name], [name]Claire[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Claire[/name] [name]Helen[/name], [name]Claire[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], or [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].
As for boys, I don’t think you should let the popularity deter you if you really like [name]Jack[/name]. Some other suggestions are [name]Henry[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Auden[/name], [name]Damon[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Robert[/name], and [name]Jonathan[/name].
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Congrats!

[name]Both[/name] of your girl names are lovely, but I prefer [name]Caroline[/name] Strong to [name]Claire[/name] Strong. I feel [name]Caroline[/name] sounds best with your last name. Below are some 2-3 syllable middle names that I think would sound good with [name]Claire[/name]:

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]

It’s too bad that your husband doesn’t care for any of your boy name choices. I’m sure that you’ll be able to find something you both love.

[name]Jonathan[/name] - I really like this for you because it’s more than one syllable ([name]Jonathan[/name] Strong sounds better to me than [name]Jack[/name] Strong), has a softer sound, and can have the nn [name]Jack[/name] (which your husband loves). I know it is fairly popular, which is the only downside of this name.
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Preston[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Kenneth[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]