Help! Hub's Horrifying Suggestions!!!!!

Thankyou freckles. I have no idea where he came up wth these names (I’m assuming the internet…). I like [name]Marina[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Evelina[/name], [name]Valencia[/name], [name]Ariella[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] is ok!

[name]Jess[/name]

Have you thought about doing a double first name, like [name]Marie[/name]-[name]Evangeline[/name]? Or [name]Marie[/name]-[name]Isabel[/name]?

The other thing I wanted to suggest for [name]Alexandria[/name] is that I once knew a girl named [name]Alexandria[/name] and she went by “[name]Andri[/name]” which I thought was kind of different and cute.

Here are a few more suggestions I got from some old census records:

Serephina
[name]Appoline[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Priscilla[/name]
Abelina
Elixina
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Isidora[/name]
Therella
[name]Robina[/name]
Lerenia
Esabella
Eligia
[name]Euphemia[/name]

[name]Just[/name] had to check in and say how much the title of this forum made me laugh and how great everyone’s suggestions are. If he were my husband, I too might ask if he were serious – but I gotta say, a lot of guys like these super-feminine names for their precious little girls. Taming his ideas down by even one syllable would definitely be a help. [name]Just[/name] a note – you can search nameberry via the Supersearch option by number of syllables and also combinations of last letters – ia, for instance, or even aria – as opposed to just a/the final letter. Can’t wait to hear where you compromise!

Thankyou everyone! [name]Glad[/name] to cheer you up pam! Thanks for the ideas ducky but they all got no’s…

We now have a short list of names we both really like:
Amiria [name]Ryan[/name] nn [name]Amy[/name] (a-MEER-ee-a)
[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name] (rows-AHR-ree-a)
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] nn [name]Mintie[/name]/[name]Minta[/name]
[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name] (eh-vey-lee-a)

Middle name ideas?

Thankyou all [name]Jess[/name]

I actually quite like Candelaria. I never heard that name before - it is unusual, brings to mind light and music, and has some obvious nicknames, including [name]Aria[/name], which is great and you say you like. Why not go with Candelaria?

I agree. I think Candelaria is lovely and goes well with [name]Ryan[/name]

So thrilled you’ve come up with four names you both really like – I think that’s doing wonderfully! I’m going to let the brilliant berries contribute middle name ideas, but I’d just suggest a one-syllable name for rhythmic reasons. But please, NOT [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Grace[/name], if possible. Though lovely names, they’re way overdone.

Are you sure he wasn’t just yankin’ your chain? Haha Candelaria is actually a Spanish word meaning Candlemas, which is a celebration of the presentation of [name]Jesus[/name] [name]Christ[/name] in various sects of Christianity, primarily Catholicism. There are several cities in South [name]America[/name] named for this tradition.

Some of these are still quite frilly but many have cute nickname options.
[name]Alexandria[/name]
[name]Emiliana[/name]
[name]Adelina[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Eleonora[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Valencia[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Adalia[/name]
[name]Melania[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Cipriana[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Audriana[/name]
[name]Victoriana[/name]
Maximiliana
Caladonia
Demitria
[name]Cerelia[/name]

Sorry,I missed your last post. Usually I’m better about checking before I write! For some reason the edit button isn’t showing up for me so I can’t erase my last post. I’m glad you and your husband found names you agree on. I like all of them! [name]Araminta[/name] is wonderful. Good luck!

I had never seen the names Apollinaria or Mariangela before, but surprisingly, these two names showed up in a post on babynamegenie.com! The lady there was having the same problem! What about [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Roselle[/name]?

Okay, middle name ideas. Okay, nothing ending in “n” and nothing super frilly to balance out the first…

I like:
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]July[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Jeanne[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Avis[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Annette[/name]
[name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Lessie[/name]
[name]Lottie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Jessie[/name]
other “ie” names…
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grey[/name]
[name]Day[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]

Amiria [name]Avis[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Jade[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Frances[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Amiria [name]Belle[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]

[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Elise[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Rosaria[/name] [name]Day[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]

[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (my favorite!)
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]June[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]July[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Evie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Faye[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (I like this one, too)
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]

[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Lessie[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Evelia[/name] [name]Gray[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] (This one just makes me happy for some reason)

fossil316 - haha - omg there are 2 of them! I feel for her! Poor lady… did it say what they decided on?

Thankyou for the suggestions foreverfreebird, but our daughter was born 5 weeks ago! Her name is Amiria [name]Fleurette[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] and she goes as [name]Amy[/name].

[name]Jess[/name] x

Oh, okay! I was enjoying reading the thread and I noticed you’d asked about middle names and no one had talked about that, and I got excited about it and forgot to check the dates. :slight_smile: I"m glad you found a name to agree on. [name]Amy[/name] was my favorite name throughout my entire childhood. :slight_smile:

Great name! [name]Glad[/name] it all worked out.

I have to admit I thought your hub’s suggestions were adorable but sounded like a roll call for a greek nunnery! :smiley: