HELP! I'm way to picky...

I’m very specific when it comes to my children’s names. We are on baby number 3. My son’s name is J.T. ([name]James[/name]-[name]Tyson[/name]) and my daughter’s name is LeTasha. [name]Both[/name] of these names have 2 capitals in them and I feel they are unique, but not too wierd. I though I would keep the trend going with the 2 capitals but I’m having a very hard time. I don’t know what the sex of the baby is and I’m 37 1/2 weeks.

Names I have considered: DeNeige, [name]TaTiana[/name], [name]McKenna[/name], [name]DeLinda[/name], [name]MiKayla[/name], [name]KayLeigh[/name],
[name]Ann[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]

Although I like these names some don’t go with the sibling’s names.

I have fallen back on a couple names that aren’t what I was intentionally looking for but I still like them: [name]Jazmyne[/name], [name]Roxanne[/name], and Dezmond (for a boy)

Need [name]MAJOR[/name] help with boy names…

Of those, I like [name]McKenna[/name] and [name]Ann[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] the best, because they’re meant to have the intra-name capitalization. I prefer [name]KayLeigh[/name] written as [name]Kayleigh[/name]. I’ve never seen DeNige or [name]DeLinda[/name] before; they look as though you invented them, which is not really my taste. I also think if you plan to use [name]Jazmyne[/name] or Dezmond, you should use the original spellings of [name]Jasmine[/name] or [name]Desmond[/name]. Yuneek spellings really don’t do anything to add to the name. I do like [name]Desmond[/name], it has the same sort of classic feel that [name]James[/name]-[name]Tyson[/name] does.

I think you’ll have a hard time finding something that fits the style of both of your children, since their names are such different styles. [name]James[/name]-[name]Tyson[/name] has a more traditional name, while LeTasha’s name is very, very modern. You might want to consider looking at more classic boys’ names, so that your sons are in a similar vein, or more modern girls’ names so that the same could be true of your daughters.

I really feel that the traditional spelling of all names is the best way to go, so we are probably not going to agree. However, I will try to help.

[name]Michaela[/name] is a lovely name but much overused in recent times and misspelt unnecessarily.

My suggestions instead of [name]Michaela[/name]

[name]Micheline[/name]
[name]Marcelle[/name]/a
[name]Marianna[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]

[name]Jasmine[/name] is so pretty I am very fond of it but if you want a slightly more unusual name why not think about

[name]Yasmine[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
[name]Soraya[/name]
[name]Yolande[/name]
[name]Yvette[/name]

[name]Tatiana[/name] is a common Russian name which I find quite harsh sounding the nn in [name]Russia[/name] is [name]Tanya[/name] which is much nicer, however I prefer

[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]/a
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Alizee[/name]

Boys names

I find [name]Desmond[/name] a really dorky name like [name]Dexter[/name] but maybe you could try
[name]Raymond[/name] (I believe there is a trend to this name)
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]/ard/ardo
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Derek[/name]
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Laurence[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] Godwin
[name]Marcus[/name] [name]Constantine[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Axel[/name] [name]Christian[/name]
[name]Zander[/name] [name]Philippe[/name]

Names I have considered: DeNeige, [name]TaTiana[/name], [name]McKenna[/name], [name]DeLinda[/name], [name]MiKayla[/name], [name]KayLeigh[/name],
[name]Ann[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]

My faves on the above list are [name]Tatiana[/name] (spelled the traditional way) and [name]Ann[/name]-[name]Marie[/name].

Although I like these names some don’t go with the sibling’s names.

I have fallen back on a couple names that aren’t what I was intentionally looking for but I still like them: [name]Jazmyne[/name], [name]Roxanne[/name], and Dezmond (for a boy)

[name]Desmond[/name] is a great name but I love it spelled the traditional way. NN [name]Desi[/name] is adorable!

I don’t care for [name]Jazmyne[/name] and [name]Roxanne[/name] is my dog’s name. I like it a lot-for a pet. [name]Love[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosamond[/name], Rosamel, and many more. [name]Kendra[/name] is a pretty girl’s name that you might love.

If you love [name]Desmond[/name], maybe you would love:

[name]Alfred[/name] - nn [name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] - nn [name]Archie[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Basil[/name]
[name]Chester[/name] - nn [name]Chet[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name] - not considered cool on Nameberry nn [name]Clancy[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Coltrane[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Girard[/name] - not considered cool on Nameberry, but I think it’s cool if you love it.
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Harvard[/name] nn [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Kenneth[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Price[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name] - not considered cool on Nameberry
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]

If you really want to go with am additional cap, I think two names with a hyphen is your best bet or a [name]Mac[/name] surname. That would make my choice [name]Ann[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] or [name]McKenna[/name].

I like [name]Tatiana[/name], but I also think [name]TaTiana[/name] is a little odd-looking. I’d suggest the Shakespearean alternative [name]Titania[/name] (Tih-ton-yah) but I think it would get mispronounced too much.

I forgot to say that [name]Tati[/name] is a great nn for [name]Tatiana[/name]. I thought about it, and I do like the name [name]Jasmine[/name] (spelled the traditional way). Watch out for [name]Titiana[/name]. Starts with Tit.

Oops, never noticed that!

Oops, never noticed that![/quote]

Now we’ve corrupted you. :frowning:

To the OP:
I like a lot of the suggestions so far, they seem like a lot of very good names that would fit in your family. I suggest trying to “get over” what you’ve developed to be a pattern and not search for a name that fits in the pattern, rather than a name you actually like. Some parents start off with their children accidentally or intentionally having the same initials, but then this sometimes limits them, they do not want the odd child to feel odd if they can’t think of a good name with the same initial. I think your children have individual names so far and that the “pattern” of 2 capital letters is not immediately obvious and need not be adhered to. When you have 2 children and then have a 3rd, I don’t think a “pattern” is established so distinctly, at least in this case and the case of same initials, that a third child will feel like they don’t matter as much or belong in the family. Think of that child grown, and how they would rather have a good name that everyone likes than a name that has 2 capital letters in it just because they have 2 older siblings, whose names are otherwise distinct from one another. It would be different if you already had, say 4 children, and the 5th baby had to have a name that was obviously different from the others.

Anyway, it’s nice that you have managed some structure of a naming pattern or “trend” for your family, but if you didn’t think it through that now you have to really stretch to find a decent name, I think it’s better to drop the requirement now than possibly have this difficulty again with a 4th child, with even fewer names to choose from, or feel that you have to pick a name that’s not as good so you can stay on trend.

I thank everyone for your help, it has really opened my eyes. I still like the odd spelling of traditional names but I don’t need to have 2 capitals or a hyphen or whatever the case may be. You all had very great suggestions, and I think i’m good to go now.

[name]DeLaney[/name]