Help! Is this name ok for a boy?

My husband loves the name Aedalin for a boy, pronounced with a long A. As far as I can tell it’s used as a girls name [name]Adalin[/name] but it is pronounced with a short a. I’m torn, loved the name before I found out it was a female name…I’m not sure what to do! What do you think?

It depends. A names like that are very popular for girls right now. Is it pronounced Aye-da-lyn or Aye-da-line?

Aedalin looks very similar to the girls names [name]Adalyn[/name] and [name]Adelyn[/name] which are very trendy right now. Sorry but it not only looks made up (a kre8tif smoosh of [name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Lynn[/name]) but it sounds very feminine as well.

Aye-da-lyn

Sounds like a fast-rising newly popular girls’ name.

It looks like a girl’s name with a made-up spelling to me.

Sounds like a girl to me too. I can’t really picture a boy introducing himself with that name later in life either. I like it though.

Anything that ends in a “lyn” sound seems pretty feminine to me. Maybe you can do a variance of it like aedoson? Your kid’s still going to go thru the process of always correcting people.

If I saw Aedalin on paper, I would definitely assume that the person in question was female. Like [name]Ada[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. The “lin” and “lyn” suffixes in general seem to be really trendy to use when inventing girls’ names right now.

Might I suggestion Aeson? It’s an old Greek name.

It seems feminine to me as well, not something that could easily be considered unisex. The spelling is also bound to cause pronunciation problems etc.
That being said other possibilities that have similar sound:
[name]Adlin[/name]
[name]Braylin[/name]
[name]Ailin[/name]
[name]Arlin[/name]
[name]Devlin[/name]
[name]Edelin[/name]

agree with above poster + he would be in a class surrounded by the popular [name]Adeline[/name]