Help me choose please!

See the results of this poll: Which name?

Respondents: 15 (This poll is closed)

• Evan Dmitri: 6 (40%)
  • Evan Christopher: 9 (60%)
  • Ryker Dmitri: 0 (0%)

Riker’s Island is a prison in NYC. I would strongly discourage you from using this name. Also, spelled as [name]Ryker[/name], it looks very trendy and made up. I don’t think this is the kind of name that would serve him well at all as he moves through life.
[name]Evan[/name] is a very nice name, and far more respectable. I voted for [name]Evan[/name] [name]Christopher[/name].
BUT, I do think it’s important that you love the name you choose, and if you don’t love [name]Evan[/name], then maybe you should keep looking.
One option that comes to mind is [name]Isaac[/name]. It is a very handsome classic choice, but it comes with the possibility of nn [name]Ike[/name], which sounds very similar to Riker and has a rugged feel to it which might appeal to you.

What a great suggestion, [name]Isaac[/name]! It seems like the best of both worlds to me. [name]Ryker[/name] has a cool sound, but I just can’t get behind it. [name]Evan[/name] is a very nice name that would serve any boy well, but it’s a little boring. [name]Isaac[/name] is classic, but underused. He would stand out, especially with the nickname [name]Ike[/name]. Whatever name you choose, I love [name]Dmitri[/name] in the middle, very cool!

I have to agree with others on [name]Ryker[/name]. I have seen this as a name suggestion a bit frequently lately and all I can think of is the prison.

[name]Evan[/name] is a fabulous name. Either mn would go great with it, but I voted for the traditional [name]Christopher[/name].

Thanks for the input! Yep, I love the name [name]Isaac[/name] too, but we have a nephew named [name]Isaac[/name]… ARGH! Matter of fact, quite a few names that we really like are already used by relatives and close friends, and I just don’t want to go “there” and reuse one of their names. Interesting that everyone is thinking of the prison in NY…