Help me choose!

Which name is best?

Anastasia (nn. [name_f]Anya[/name_f])
[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (nn. [name_u]Charlie[/name_u])
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Tayler[/name_u]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] (nn. [name_f]Thea[/name_f])
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]

Thank you!!

I vote for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I’m just going to rank them with my thoughts. :grin:

1. [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]-This is gorgeous. It’s so mystical. It’s super feminine w/out being frilly. It’s not terribly unknown, yet not at all common either.

2. [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]-This is strong, feminine yet not frilly again, & the nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is sweet & simple.

3. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]-This is lovely. It’s sweet & friendly. Plus has a cute [name_u]French[/name_u] feel. It’s a bit popular, but I personally never hear it in real life.

4. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]-I really can’t get into [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]. I really want to like it, but just don’t for no good reason. I adore [name_f]Anya[/name_f] though . It’s so spunky & beautifully smart at the same time. It’s got just the right amount of exoticness too.

5. [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]-I love Irish names. This one is not my favorite for whatever reason, but it’s interesting.

6. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]-I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. It’s really over done, but a good solid pretty name. I just don’t like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. I love it for a boy, & it bugs me how [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is a soft ‘C’ & [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] is harder, you know?

7. [name_u]Romy[/name_u]-This isn’t terrible. I just don’t love it. It’s kind of fun & unique.

8. [name_u]Ren[/name_u]-Simple enough. I’d much prefer [name_u]Wren[/name_u], because that at least has the pretty bird imagery even though I don’t personally think that this name sounds all that pretty.

9. [name_u]Tayler[/name_u]-Meh, this is just trendy & over done the past twenty years. Plus, this spelling will just get misspelled.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Romy[/name_u]!

My favorite is definitely [name_u]Romy[/name_u]! Simple, sweet, energetic and unexpected. I’m also drawn to [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] from your list–a little more adventurous than what I usually go for, but the sound and imagery are kind of irresistible and I think it would be wearable. I quite like [name_f]Thea[/name_f] ([name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is nms but it’s a nice name!) and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], too. And [name_u]Ren[/name_u] but prefer [name_u]Wren[/name_u]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f]!

I really like [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] for the great sound and meaning (freedom).

I’m torn between [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] and [name_u]Romy[/name_u] but i think I’ll go with [name_u]Romy[/name_u]!

I love [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f], [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f]! All these names are very elegant, adventurous, beautiful and melodic.

Soleil and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] are my favorites as well. [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] would be a gorgeous combo! I like [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f], but not quite as much.

My ranking from favorite to least favorite:

1. Anastasia
  2. Saoirse
  3. Soleil
  4. Ren
  5. Charlotte
  6. Chloe
  7. Tayler
  8. Romy
  9. Theodora

I love [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] & [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]!

I love [name_u]Romy[/name_u] (pronounced ROH-mee). It’s short and sweet, but also has a unisex appeal with a sense of strength and regal-ness [name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation is the association with the movie [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]’s High School Reunion.

I love [name_f]Anya[/name_f], so [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Anya[/name_f] totally gets my vote!