Help me convince DH to love Coralie!

Hello berries! I am a new member, although I have been visiting this site for the past 2 months on a daily basis (I have a slight name obsession)! We are expecting our first baby girl in [name]July[/name] and are slowly coming to an agreement on a name!
A little back story: I would like her to have a longer first name with the possibility of a nickname. My name is [name]Marisa[/name]–pronounced the correct way, and even though 99% of people mispronounce my name, I still love it because I think it sounds beautiful, has a great meaning and is not seen often. I would like my daughter’s name to reflect the same way I feel about my name.

Here’s the dilemma: My husband and I both love the name [name]Cora[/name]…a total miracle since we have completely different naming styles. I love it for a nickname, but not a full length first name. I stumbled upon [name]Coralie[/name] on this site and have been in love with it ever since. Husband is not completely sold on the name and keeps suggesting [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lee[/name] (fn and mn), but it just doesn’t have the same draw for me!

So I am asking all of you, who have shown to have the best knowledge on names, what are other name options in which [name]Cora[/name] could be the nickname?
Thank you sooo much in advance!

p.s. I will continue to fight for [name]Coralie[/name] as I await the replies!

[name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Coraline[/name], [name]Corabelle[/name], Corawyn :slight_smile:

[name]Cora[/name] is so cute! I love it, actually, even though it seems to be all over the place here (I’m guessing it’s just a Pennsylvania thing–I know a quadrillion Elijahs and Autumns, too, and the rest of the world does not!). My favorite way to get to [name]Cora[/name] is [name]Cordelia[/name], but [name]Coralie[/name] is cute, too. What about:

[name]Concordia[/name] (too out-there? I think it’s kind of cool, though…)
[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Coretta[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]/[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Corisande[/name]

I also knew someone who thought [name]Coralie[/name] was said like [name]Cora[/name]-lye, not [name]Cora[/name]-lee, and I think that sounds pretty, too. I don’t know how you would get to it, while still keeping the class of something like [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Cora[/name], but I think something like [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lorelei[/name], nn Coralei (or however you’d spell it) could be cute, and even just [name]Cora[/name]. But that’s not really a fuller name, it’s more of a combo…

Good luck!

[name]Corella[/name] (name of a bird)
[name]Coralina[/name]
[name]Coralia[/name]
[name]Corabella[/name]
[name]Coralyn[/name]
[name]Cordelie[/name]
Corazon
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Cordette[/name]
Corentine
[name]Coriana[/name]
[name]Corliss[/name]
[name]Courtney[/name]

[name]Coraline[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]

What about [name]Cora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]? [name]Lee[/name] with two ee’s has always been a masculine spelling in my mind. And even if you name her [name]Cora[/name], you can still call her [name]Coralie[/name] as a nn. It doesn’t have to be her formal name.

You could also compromise with a sound like [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lee[/name], but with a more interesting name that starts with the ‘lee’ sound:
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Leanne[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Lieselotte[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Liorit[/name]

[name]Cora[/name] and [name]Coralie[/name] are two of my favorites, I can never choose which one I prefer! Have the same dilemma with [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Rosalie[/name] too… I think I lean slightly toward the more simplistic versions, but then I always change my mind and think why not just go for the longer versions and use the nickname (then it’s like a 2 for 1!)

I do have to say I’m not a big fan of the [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lee[/name] option, it makes it seem like one of those double barreled country names like [name]Betty[/name] [name]Sue[/name] or something (well not that bad… but along the same lines haha!) If you’re really set on a longer name with nickname, I hope your husband gets on board with Coralie! Best wishes! :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I’m loving [name]Coralina[/name] and [name]Coralia[/name], oh and [name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Cordelie[/name]! I will update my husband on the suggestions. If he doesn’t agree with any of these, then I think the next option will be [name]Cora[/name] with a [name]Le[/name]- inspired mn. Sigh.

Good luck on convincing him! If not, one [name]Le[/name]- inspired middle suggestion from me: [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Leanne[/name] sounds lovely :slight_smile: [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lee[/name] sounds sort of cheap and not very classy, and [name]Lee[/name] is such a common middle name. [name]How[/name] about [name]Cora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]? [name]Kinda[/name] gives the same vibe. Good luck!

I love [name]Cora[/name] [name]Louise[/name], since [name]Louise[/name] is on my list of girls names (with nn [name]Lou[/name]), however I just realized that [name]Cora[/name] and my last name do NOT go together at all. My last name is two syllables and starts with Eur…A lengthier version of [name]Cora[/name] will work, but not [name]Cora[/name] as the full first name choice. Wahh.