Help me narrow down my list!

[name]Hi[/name], me again!
Sorry I’ve posted so many threads, but our situation has changed once again!
Our boys list currently has three names (still working on middle names): [name]August[/name] (nn Auggie or [name]Gus[/name]), [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name] (nn [name]Ike[/name] or [name]Zac[/name]) - we have decided to wait until we meet him (if its a boy) to decide which one.
We want to narrow our girls list down to a similar number, but we are really struggling! What are your thoughts on these names? All opinions are welcome!
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Hania[/name]
[name]Libby[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Isis[/name] (nn [name]Izzy[/name]???)
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]

Thanks again for your help!
[name]Yvette[/name]

Well if it helps at all I’ll let you know which names I would strike from this list.

[name]Libby[/name] - I personally just don’t like the sound of this. It makes me think of “lippy”.
[name]Lyra[/name] - “Liar” always pops into my head when I see this name/
[name]Isis[/name] - [name]Iris[/name] is prettier and easier to say.
[name]Rebecca[/name] - I just find this a bit bland compared to your other names.

My absolute favourites from your list would be:

[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Hania[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]

My favorites are [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Both[/name] were names I wanted for this baby but my husband wouldn’t agree to either. I love both!

First of all congrats :slight_smile: Secondly you have lots of gorgeous names so how about I just list my favs?

[name]Cleo[/name] - cool, fun and quirky. Cute on a child but will age well. Very unexpected. I love it!

[name]Elsa[/name] - totally different vibe to [name]Cleo[/name] but I love it too, and the nn [name]Elsie[/name]. Although, just to give you the other side, when I mentioned this name to my boyfriend for us to possibly use, he burst out laughing and said, what is she 80? :s That’s not how I feel about the name but I would imagine there are other people like him out there just so you know.

[name]Iris[/name] - this is one of my fav names at the moment! I really love the name and meaning. It’s so pretty and delicate :slight_smile:

[name]Katia[/name] - one of the only K names for girls that I feel still sounds really beautiful and sophisticated :slight_smile: I love the cool Russian vibe too!
[name]Imogen[/name] - I absolutely adore this name pronounced im-uh-jen not im-uh-gene. If it wasnt so popular here in the UK I’d definitely consider using it, but if you’re in the US I definitely think it deserves to be a top contender :slight_smile:

As for the other names, here’s just a little round up of opinions on them: [name]Hania[/name] - I like this names but it always reminds me of [name]Mischa[/name] [name]Barton[/name]'s younger sister who was in the news a couple of years back for drug problems. Not an association many people will have. [name]Libby[/name] - I like it as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name] but not as a stand alone name. [name]Opal[/name] - lovely name but I prefer the names above, and here in the UK there are sweets called [name]Opal[/name] Fruits and it reminds me of that! Again thats probably not an issue for you. I think it’d make a gorgeous middle names though, maybe with [name]Imogen[/name]? [name]Lyra[/name] - I do like this name but just not as much as the other names and I’d worry it could come across as trendy. [name]Isis[/name] - I much prefer [name]Iris[/name], [name]Iris[/name] sounds kinda cold and harsh to me. [name]Florence[/name] - I adore [name]Florence[/name] but hate the nn [name]Flo[/name] so think it’d make a better middle name. [name]Rebecca[/name] - I agree with the previous poster that it seems a little mainstream and boring compared to your o choices. I know a lot of [name]Rebecca[/name]'s my age, in their twenties, so it just doesn’t feel fresh to me.

[name]Hope[/name] that helped! Best of luck :slight_smile:

You’ve got a lot of great names on your list. Keeping in mind that that you might have a future son named [name]August[/name], [name]Felix[/name] or [name]Isaac[/name], I would say these my top and bottom three from your list:

Top Three:

1. [name]Opal[/name] - has the same vintage charm and quiet glamour that your boys names do, plus is a gorgeous, underused name.
  2. [name]Imogen[/name] - strong, pretty, not completely unheard of but still uncommon.
  3. [name]Elsa[/name] - another vintage gem that needs more use. It’s sweet, not too frilly but still charming.

Bottom Three:
[name]Libby[/name] - feels too much like a nickname.
[name]Hania[/name] - will blend in with the multitudes of Hannahs out there.
[name]Rebecca[/name] - does not feel nearly as hip or modern as your other names.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Hi[/name]! My favorites from your list are [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name].

My absolute favorite is [name]Florence[/name], so lovely.

Thanks for the input everyone!

I think we have it down to eight, with [name]Isis[/name], [name]Lyra[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name] and [name]Libby[/name] off the list. My husbands favourite is [name]Florence[/name], followed by [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Cleo[/name]. I change my mind everyday, but I think I’m leaning towards [name]Iris[/name].
I’m not really a fan of the nn [name]Flo[/name] either, and [name]Flossie[/name] is cute but reminds me of a rabbit. I do like the nn [name]Flora[/name] but I am a bit concerned about it being the same name as a prominant margarine brand!

my top three from your list are:

[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]

good luck!

All your boy choices are great. I like [name]Gus[/name] and [name]Felix[/name], but my favorite would be [name]Ike[/name]. As for girls I like:
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]

[name]Elsa[/name] is my favorite girl choice.

My favourites are [name]Florence[/name] and [name]Katia[/name].

I love [name]Florence[/name]! I don’'t think the margarine association would be a problem with [name]Flora[/name] given it is just a nickname. If she was to feel uncomforatble with it she could choose a new nickname, or just go by her full name, which I think is lovely!
Otherr nicknames could be [name]Lori[/name], Reni, Cece?, [name]Florrie[/name]- sometimes nicknames come out once they are a child or teenager that you never even thought of!

[name]Katia[/name] is one of my favouites but I am biased because my daughter’s name is [name]Katya[/name]! She is 9 and loves her name! I don’t think the name really needs a nickname, but some of her friends call her [name]Katy[/name] and Karty.

I should add, I also am a fan of [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Opal[/name] - they are also really pretty and timeless.

Good luck!
[name]Gemma[/name]

My favorites on your list are [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Rebecca[/name]!