Help me pick!

1. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name] Challey
  2. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey
  3. [name]Zoe[/name] ? Challey
  4. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey
    5)[name]Dinah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Challey

we are worried about zoe rhyming w/ LN, [name]Penelope[/name] too. My husband says [name]Dinah[/name] will get teased.

1. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name] Challey: I really like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name], but [name]Claire[/name] Challey sounds abrupt to me.

What about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Magdelene[/name] Challey?

1. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], but for me, it doesn’t flow well with [name]Grace[/name] or Challey. (The X and Ch clash to me…)

2. [name]Zoe[/name] ? Challey: I’d avoid ee-sounding endings with Challey, personally.

3. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey: Ditto.

5)[name]Dinah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Challey: If your husband doesn’t like [name]Dinah[/name], I think it’s out. I personally like a longer middle name with the combo.

[name]Amelia[/name] Challey
[name]Cordelia[/name] Challey (nn [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Delia[/name], which is close to [name]Dinah[/name]…)
[name]Camille[/name] Challey
[name]Clementine[/name] Challey
[name]Clara[/name] Challey
[name]Dahlia[/name] Challey
[name]Delilah[/name] Challey
[name]Diana[/name] Challey
[name]Eleanor[/name] Challey
[name]Genevieve[/name] Challey
[name]Josephine[/name] Challey
[name]Julia[/name] Challey
[name]Louisa[/name] Challey
[name]Lila[/name] Challey
[name]Miranda[/name] Challey
[name]Priscilla[/name] Challey
[name]Susannah[/name] Challey
[name]Viola[/name] Challey
[name]Winifred[/name] Challey

I think your last name sounds fantastic with longer first names (at least three syllables).

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks! Actually, I love [name]Delilah[/name] but the biblical backstabber makes it unworkable. I was really looking forward to picking a girl name, but now, none seem right enough. Sigh. I have one more month.
Everyone likes [name]Zoe[/name]/[name]Chloe[/name], and love them too, but with our last name…rhyming and all…I love that they mean life.

I could use [name]Magdalena[/name] (Scandinavian for [name]Madeline[/name], our ln is Norwegian), but its a little strange. I’d call her [name]Maggie[/name] or [name]Lena[/name]. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] has biblical problems as well, but I like how she’s a sinner and a saint.
feel free to change my middle names.

[name]Claire[/name], hands down!
Good [name]Luck[/name] choosing! Maybe I missed this, but how do you pronounce Challey? Does it have significance?

Challey rhymes with [name]Talley[/name] and Alley
DH is named [name]Charles[/name] [name]John[/name]
DS is [name]John[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
I’m [name]Windy[/name] [name]St[/name]. [name]George[/name] (kept my maiden name)
is [name]Beatrice[/name] better?
I have a thing for [name]Grace[/name] because my husband is studying to be a Lutheran [name]Pastor[/name], and [name]Grace[/name] is a big thing in the Lutheran church.

I like, in order:

[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]

I like [name]Zoe[/name] Challey.

I don’t think it rhymes. I can imagine having a good friend at school with that name, I mean, hypothetically. I like the name [name]Claire[/name], I sort of love it actually, but when I say [name]Claire[/name] Challey, it’s not that I can’t imagine someone with that name, but I like the sound of it less - it sounds like a spoonerism (Chair Clalley). It also sounds like a different personality. I wrote in another section of the forums, not necessarily forgo the middle name there, but say the name how people will call them, first-last, and I think [name]Zoe[/name] Challey sounds like a friend. [name]Claire[/name] Challey sounds like maybe she won’t let you sit at her lunch table or she’s the one who gets stuck playing the tuba. Not a whole lot, just a little bit. [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Challey is a great name. It’s a fun friend, and you don’t hear the middle name to get that slightly, very slightly, negative impression a lot.

[name]Penelope[/name] is a nice name, I used to love it, but I don’t like [name]Penny[/name] so much. [name]Penelope[/name] Challey - apply the rule without the middle name (as she will hear it most of her life) and hear it. It’s a little too la la la. It’s fun to say, a little too fun!

[name]Dinah[/name] - my opinion shouldn’t matter, but I don’t think this is a name more than a fad.
[name]Beatrix[/name] Challey is just hard to say. Unless they call her [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Trixie[/name]. [name]Trixie[/name] Challey is also friendly and fun to say. [name]Bea[/name] is not horrible, but I’ve always thought of [name]Bea[/name] as be. [name]Bea[/name] Challey - ok, I am!

I like [name]Zoe[/name] spelled better as [name]Zoey[/name]. It’s softer to me. And I think [name]Zoey[/name] Challey looks really pretty. [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Grace[/name]?

Good luck!

I’ll help you! I adjusted some names & also picked my favs! (I’m also not sure how to pronounce your last name BUT I think I got it …)

1. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name] Challey - I think it is better [name]Magdalena[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Challey ([name]Magdalena[/name] will become a name that needs a nickname, are you ready for a [name]Maggie[/name] or [name]Magda[/name]?)

2. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey - We were very close to choosing [name]Beatrix[/name] (as middle name) for our daughter, but I think it’s a little regal for a first name.

3. [name]Zoe[/name] ? Challey - [name]How[/name] about [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Belle[/name] Challey?

4. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey - [name]Love[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], don’t love it with [name]Grace[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Anne[/name] Challey?

5. [name]Dinah[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Challey - I’m sorry, I just don’t really like this one.

I think my favorites were: [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Anne[/name] & [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

ALSO!!! I think a bit of rhyme is cute to a name. It gives it character.

I really [name]LOVE[/name] the name beatrix and as everybody else was saying it doesnt work with Challey. [name]Beatrice[/name] would defenatly work. I also love the name grace. its a great choice.

[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Challey

doesnt that sound great!!!