Help Me Pick!

Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] with a baby due in several weeks. I have a short list that I’d love feedback on. Suggestions are also welcome! I want to avoid repeating initials. My children are named [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]. So no P, A, or M names.

My boy list:

[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Kip[/name_m] (my husband’s favorite)
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] (fr. pronounciation)
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m] (en. pronounciation)
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] (my great grandfather’s name)

I love [name_m]Kip[/name_m]!

I’m not a fan of one-syllable names, but [name_m]Kip[/name_m] has a spunky friendly feel that would connect [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] with the others. I think I like [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] best with the others though. It has the same sort of very British vibe as the others and I like the -in and -anne endings with the -er and -ur.

I like Kip but would prefer Kipling. With your other kids’ names my favorite is Edwin.

I like [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] , Edwin or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] - they make the set sound like the best of those mid century British children’s books. [name_u]Love[/name_u]! They’re all playful but still sturdy and confident (whereas [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_m]Kip[/name_m] don’t quite get there imo). I love Francis but it somehow makes Pepper the odd one out in my mind.

Another option might be [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

My favourites are [name_m]Kip[/name_m] (but I do prefer @saintdollface’s suggestion of [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] as a more formal version with nickname [name_m]Kip[/name_m]) [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], and [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. Your other children’s’ names are not narrowly structured to one style so I think you can feel confident using whichever name you end up loving the most.

[name_m]Julius[/name_m] or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Kip[/name_m], I do like [name_u]Kit[/name_u] though.

I like [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] with your other babes!

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] your sibset! [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] especially, how gorgeous!

My favourites for you are [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. All have the right balance of classic and fresh/funky.

[name_m]Kip[/name_m] feels too short and nicknamey beside your other names to me, and [name_m]Julius[/name_m] feels a bit too heavy and ancient. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] and [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] I’m just not a big fan of, sorry!

Thank you for the feedback. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] are my husband’s top two. He prefers [name_m]Louis[/name_m], but being myself [name_m]French[/name_m] it feels a little too trendy. My children are American, though, not growing up in [name_f]France[/name_f] so it’s not a dealbreaker. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] was our compromise because I really wanted to use [name_u]Fran[/name_u]çois after a relative but we felt it wasn’t a good fit with our other children’s names.

Thanks! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think that [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] would end up being called [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] much? I’m not a fan of ‘[name_m]Eddie[/name_m]’ as a nickname. I wouldn’t want to set up for that.

That is a good point, I like that [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] matches style with the rest without having a similar syllable.