Help me please!!!!

Hello, my husband and I are having the hardest time agreeing on girl names! I really like [name]Chloe[/name], but I don’t think [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Carey[/name] goes???

So here are my other choices…

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (does it matter that this name means Lame?)
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Gretchen[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Bree[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (as one name, is that too long?)

Thank you so much for all your help!

I think in general, three syllable names that [name]DON[/name]'T end in an -ee sound work best with [name]Carey[/name]. So [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Carey[/name] is definitely better than [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Carey[/name].

Our last name has two syllables and I gave all my kids two syllable first names, realizing too late (much much too late) that what really works best is 3-1-2 or 1-3-2. So by that rule [name]Bree[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Carey[/name] works well (and it does, as a full name) but trying to enforce that everyone call her by both names is going to be an uphill battles.

I love the name [name]Claudia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]! So much! You can improve the meaning of [name]Claudia[/name] by adding a middle name with a great meaning. Like a meaning that is the opposite of lame. Such as a lively name. I will try to think of one that goes with the other two names.

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I think [name]Iris[/name] is pretty, but when I say it out loud, the s in [name]Iris[/name] blends with the C in [name]Carey[/name] to sound like [name]Ira[/name] Scary. I’d avoid all first names ending in S to avoid scary.

[name]Delia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: What about [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]? ([name]Flower[/name] name instead of [name]Iris[/name]…)

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I think it’s really nice…

[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (does it matter that this name means Lame?): I think this sounds fantastic. The meaning only matters if it’s important to you.

[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I think [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Carey[/name] is cute…

[name]Marina[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I’m not personally a fan of [name]Marina[/name]. What about [name]Mariana[/name]?

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I think this is lovely…

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I love [name]Lila[/name]…

[name]Gretchen[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: Not a [name]Gretchen[/name] fan…

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Carey[/name]: I think this is great, but it reminds me of [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

[name]Bree[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (as one name, is that too long?): Not a [name]Bree[/name] fan…I prefer your longer names with [name]Carey[/name].

I’m going to vote for [name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Delia[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], or [name]Josephine[/name] with [name]Carey[/name]. You’ve got so many pretty names on your list. :slight_smile:

Others:
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (nn [name]Delia[/name], which is on your list…)
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Carey[/name] is adorable, if you don’t use it I might.

Oh!!! Thanks so much! I never even thought of the [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Carey[/name] sounding like scary! And I do like [name]Dahlia[/name], so thanks for that too!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Gretchen[/name] and [name]Gretchen[/name] [name]Carey[/name] sounds great!

But I think my fav is [name]Lila[/name] [name]Carey[/name]
being you love [name]Chloe[/name] so much what about Chlolett [name]Carey[/name]

My votes for:
[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (my fave)

[name]Marina[/name] [name]Carey[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] [name]Carey[/name] remind me too much of [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Carey[/name].

Not a fan of:

Thank you so much for all your help![/quote]

I’m not sure about the syllable rule… is it a rule? I have 2 syllables in my first and last name and I think of a lot of people I know who do. Not a hindrance in itself. Is [name]Carey[/name] the middle name that you’ve already picked or a last name? I’m confused now! Most of my answers assume it’s the last name (you’ll see).

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

• don’t like, for reasons already mentioned the blending into the word scary. Consider [name]Irene[/name] or something. [name]Iris[/name] could be a good middle name because most of the time you won’t hear it, you might see it on paper and it’s beautiful to look at and it has meaning and substance.

[name]Delia[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

• I could hear that.

• I don’t have a pleasant an image of a [name]Fiona[/name], but I am in my late 30s, so maybe lots of baby Fionas will help it sound less rigid or just outrageously exotic. I’d consider it a hard name to live up to but I guess it’s becoming somewhat popular and kind of softened but not limp, never limp!

[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (does it matter that this name means Lame?)

• I love the name [name]Claudia[/name] personally, I didn’t know it means lame. It doesn’t matter to me that it means lame. It might to someone named [name]Claudia[/name], but they’d get over it.

[name]Bridget[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

• A little too clippy sounding. I like the name [name]Bridget[/name] but I don’t like it all together.

[name]Marina[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

• I like the name [name]Marina[/name] actually. (This is the point where I suddenly realized maybe [name]Carey[/name] is for a middle name, not a surname). This goes either way, although associations to [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]… aw, who cares. It’s different enough.

• If [name]Carey[/name] is the last name, I don’t think -een and Ka- sound good together. My general feeling is that the name they hear most is their first name or their first and last name together. The middle name can be important but it’s not how they will be called most often, it’s the sound that matters. [name]Carey[/name] for a middle name would be ok though.

[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

• Very good together.

• I like [name]Greta[/name] bettah.

[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Carey[/name]

• played. Also like [name]Fiona[/name], I find [name]Miranda[/name] to be a little on the ‘Who, me? I’m supposed to be [name]Miranda[/name]?’ kind of feeling. For an example of this, [name]Miranda[/name] on Sex and the City seemed like someone with a weird name for her personality, not that it looked like it bothered her or that it was too discordant an image for her to seem silly as a very focused-on-her-work attorney, but she was fictional!

[name]Bree[/name] [name]Augustine[/name] [name]Carey[/name] (as one name, is that too long?)

• they will call her [name]Bree[/name] unless you pick something from [name]Augustine[/name] to be her nickname. If [name]Carey[/name] is a middle name also, it’s not too long but altogether it is long enough. Most people are not known by two first names unless usually the first name is [name]Mary[/name] ([name]Mary[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]) or the second name is short ([name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] - may go by [name]Beth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] or '[name]Liza[/name] [name]Ann[/name], in which case, '[name]Liza[/name] [name]Beth[/name] just makes more sense). If the first name is something like [name]Bree[/name], nobody is going to bother saying [name]Augustine[/name]. If her first name was [name]Brianna[/name], some may call her [name]Bree[/name] for short, but some will still say the whole thing.

I had forgotten your first choice was [name]Chloe[/name].

• An awesome name. With [name]Carey[/name], whether it is a first name or middle name. [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Carey[/name] ________. Sounds like a good name - unless you are going to call her [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Carey[/name] all the time (true also for the other names you picked). [name]Chloe[/name] ______ [name]Carey[/name] sounds like a good name. [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Carey[/name] got the lead in the school play. [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Carey[/name] got a promotion at work.

I think [name]Chloe[/name] is fine with [name]Carey[/name], but I do love [name]Fiona[/name].

I love [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Carey[/name]. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Carey[/name] is my 2nd favorite.