Help me sort through these crushes, pretty please?

As I mentioned in a (recent?) former post, I’ve been doubting a couple of the names on my list, and was in search of some names to replace them. I’ve come up with some options I’m really liking now, and I’m hoping to narrow them down. :slight_smile: WDYT of these combos/names, and which three would you keep? I have two that seem to be clear favorites ([name_u]Bailey[/name_u] and [name_m]Torin[/name_m]), but I like all of them enough that I’m not sure I’m ready to let ANY of them go! :frowning: Talking about them and hearing others’ opinions usually helps.

[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

And maybe [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], if I can find a combo I really love. I only have the half-hearted, half-baked [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Amory[/name_u] at this point. Other names on my list right now include [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Avery[/name_u], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Zane[/name_m], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], [name_m]Reef[/name_m], and [name_m]Grayson[/name_m].

Thanks, Berries!

ETA: I’m also tossing about the possibility of Luke, but I haven’t really given thought to combos yet? I like the idea of Luke Alaric or Luke Apollos or Luke Sebastian, possibly…

I love [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]! It’s such a great mix of long and short, classic and new, familiar and unique! The same goes for [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]! [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is really nice too and I like [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] ([name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is amazing!)
I’m not sure of [name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] personally - I’m not sure on the feel of the name. I have mixed feelings of [name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] too. Maybe because I always hesitate over [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]'s pronunciation, maybe because I’m not sure on [name_m]Torin[/name_m] (yet I love [name_m]Tor[/name_m] so I think it could grow on me)

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] would make a nice combo, or just [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Boaz[/name_m]!

Thanks, [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! :smiley:

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] clicked instantly when I was looking at [name_u]Asa[/name_u] combos previously, but the more I’ve held onto it the less it’s appealed, so if I decide to keep [name_u]Asa[/name_u] I might be looking for a new option. [name_u]Boo[/name_u]. I’m glad you like him, though!

I rather like the idea of [name_m]Tor[/name_m] for [name_m]Torin[/name_m], so if that sways you… :wink:

And thanks for the idea! I love [name_m]Boaz[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] much too much to entertain the idea of them as middles, sadly, but I appreciate the idea all the same!

Anyone else want to jump in? I’ve developed a massive crush for [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] today, and I’m coming to realize this may not be a joyous task… :confused:

[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is an obvious keeper. I’m not sure on the pairing of [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] with [name_m]Torin[/name_m], but [name_m]Torin[/name_m] itself is great. [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] is good too (this one you could also play around more with middle names I think, but [name_m]William[/name_m] works.)

For sure I would drop [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]. I’d ditch [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] too, or at the very least pair them up with different names.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

Addison Noah Grey - Addison is so surnamey to me that it would come across as a bit of an unnatural first name unless there were a family reason for your using it. I know surnames-as-firstnames are more established in the US however, so perhaps that’s just me. Noah Grey is a nice addition and gives the whole name a reserved, rustic vibe that somehow manages to be modern and vaguely Puritan at the same time.

Amias Jack - Both components are lovely; I have a weakness for “Am-” names for boys, and Amias is a particularly soft and stately one. Jack is the quintessential friendly, good-natured fellow, amazingly versatile and yet still having a relaxed, jaunty aura of his own. Diminutives as middle names are a pet-peeve of mine, so I would technically prefer it to be Amias John, but again, that’s just me.

Asa William - This is an incredibly soft and sweet pairing, while being perhaps a tiny bit lackluster - he’s a wallflower of a name, standing back from your more charismatic combinations. But that’s not a bad thing - simple names are the most wearable and enduring, after all.

Bailey Oscar Charles - I think Bailey Oscar is wonderful - Bailey is so warm and relaxed, and Oscar accentuates his subtly retro feel perfectly. Bailey Oscar sounds like a laidback but courageous character out of a John Steinbeck novel. I’m not sure how I feel about the addition of Charles, though - why would you want to tighten the collar of a name that has achieved one of the sunniest dispositions ever seen in a name?

Cyrus Isaiah - Cyrus is a bit pompous for me. Isaiah has an Old World Biblical feel that is good in itself, but I’m not sure if pairing pompousness with Old World Biblical style is the best idea.

Torin Xavier - Torin is gorgeous: he manages to be suave and dapper, or sweetly adventurous, depending on what spin you put on him. I would prefer a gentler middle name with him, though - Xavier is, while nice, a bit too bold and brash for this pairing.

If you were to keep only three, I would go with Amias Jack, Bailey Oscar {Charles} and either Asa William or Torin with a different middle name.

Daniel Amory is wonderful by the way (another one of those lovely Am- names!), and Luke Alaric would be so dashing. I love your style - it’s warm and friendly with an individual flair to it.

I would keep:

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] (& Remove ‘[name_u]Addison[/name_u]’. Reminds me of a song called [name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] by Not3s. Also, [name_u]Grey[/name_u] is slightly too “Fifty Shades” for me personally.)
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] (Although I prefer [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] I think.)
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (& Remove ‘[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]’. To me, it’s quite feminine. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Charles[/name_m], I’d prefer [name_u]Charlie[/name_u].)

[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]-this seems too feminine, even though I love the sound and feel. [name_u]Addison[/name_u] is obviously a predominantly girl name today, and [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and [name_u]Grey[/name_u] are becoming unisex (like [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_f]Miley[/name_f]’s little sister). [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], that seems more masculine with the same feel.

[name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]-love this
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]-love this
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]-the flow seems off to me
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]-love this
[name_m]Torin[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]-love this