Help me think of kitten litter names!

Hi! I’m a cat and kitten foster mom, and it looks like this is going to be a really busy kitten season for me. I need some new kitten names for my list and am looking for inspiration!

Some context: most of the kittens I foster come to me in groups with their siblings (generally about 2-5 kittens per group, though occasionally we get more or combine two litters). We like for the names in each litter to have some kind of theme (eg. flowers, constellations, characters from the same show).

So, here are the guidelines:

• Each group of names should have a theme of some kind

• If you can, give 3 - 8 name ideas per theme to allow for some flexibility (but if you have a really cute idea for just a pair or a trio, I’ll take it!)

• Ideally no repeat initials in a group, or not more than 2 names per initial— messes with our shorthand notation system

• I tend to prefer names that aren’t too silly and maybe sound like they could be used on humans. Names like Matcha, Acorn, or Glitter are all great, but I don’t usually go for really goofy names like Potato or Spaghetti. This is all very subjective, and exceptions will definitely be made for silly names with more normal nicknames!

Examples of litters I’ve had in the past:

• Ruby, Java, and Matlab (all programming languages! Matlab definitely violates the silly names rule but it just felt right and we called him Mat)
  • Angela Davis, Frederick Douglass, and Malcolm X (Black revolutionaries from different eras)
  • Lyra, Orion, Draco, Cassiopeia, and Perseus (constellations)

Thanks in advance! Excited to get some new ideas!

I don’t know if you foster mama and kitten sets, but I’ve always thought a mama named Caesar with babies named Salad and Julius would be fun.

Grandiose
Aloysius, Severin, Theophilus, Andromeda

Herbs
Clove, Basil, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley

Other animal names
Delphine, Leon, Phillip, Arachne, Yara

Water related
Kai, Rafferty, Nerissa, Morgana