Help me to decide! (Pls)

Hello! I’m new here. I just created this account because I’m having a hard time deciding between two names, and I wanted to ask for some help. I want to change my name irl, and there are two names that I really love: [name_f]Lou[/name_f] and [name_f]Lua[/name_f]. I genuinely love [name_f]Lou[/name_f] as a stand-alone name. I love how simple yet charming it is, but at the same time, I love the name [name_f]Lua[/name_f]. Mostly because of how soft it sounds, and also because I’ve always loved the moon, and [name_f]Lua[/name_f] means [name_f]Moon[/name_f] in Portuguese. So I can’t really decide between these two names. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you help me, please? :smile_cat:

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to Nameberry!!

You could keep [name_f]Lua[/name_f] as a first name, then go by Lu!! I personally love [name_f]Lua[/name_f], I think she’s so underused (and the song [name_f]Lua[/name_f] by [name_m]Bright[/name_m] Eyes is so lovely), but I do understand the spunky appeal of Lou!!

I think as a full name, [name_f]Lua[/name_f] feels more complete, and that way you could still use [name_f]Lu[/name_f] as a nn!!

5 Likes

I agree [name_f]Lua[/name_f] with [name_f]Lu[/name_f] as a nickname! Best of both.

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Lua[/name_f] with [name_f]Lou[/name_f] as a nickname could work! Best of both worlds

1 Like

[name_f]Lua[/name_f] is wonderful - gentle, distinctive and interesting, soft and bright

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m]! Both are beautiful names. I can see why it’s hard to decide!

I agree with others, can you use [name_f]Lua[/name_f] and use [name_f]Lou[/name_f] as a nickname for it? Then you get the best of both worlds!

1 Like

I would go for [name_f]Lou[/name_f]. I love how it is soft sounding without being too sweet. It is short but substantial. [name_f]Lua[/name_f] is certainly nice as well but [name_f]Lou[/name_f] has a special charm to me.

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m]!

If you choose [name_f]Lua[/name_f] you could go by [name_f]Lou[/name_f] as a nickname, so you don’t have to decide between the two!

1 Like

Thank you everyone! Thank you for your kindness and for taking the time to help me with this! I’ve finally decided to choose the name [name_f]Lua[/name_f]. It’s true that I could go by the nickname [name_f]Lu[/name_f] or [name_f]Lou[/name_f], and I don’t know why I didn’t think about that before. I guess I just got too stressed out about having to strictly choose only one of the two names. But I’ve finally decided, and I feel happy about it. Thank you, once again! <3 (I don’t know how to reply to everyone at once, so I just thought of replying to my own post.)

4 Likes

I think for you, [name_f]Lua[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lou[/name_f] is a great option. [name_m]Brazil[/name_m] is a very significant place to me and I get giddy to discuss Portuguese names but weirdly [name_f]Lua[/name_f] is one of those Portuguese names that just doesn’t feel right to me (Eloa is another) - somehow it just feels like it’s missing something. Probably because [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is much more familiar in the US, but anyhow. I think [name_f]Lua[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lou[/name_f] gives you the best of both options!

Good luck!

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Lua[/name_f]! It sounds so beautiful and has such a lovely meaning. I’m Portuguese, so my vote has to go to [name_f]Lua[/name_f] :crescent_moon:

[name_f]Lua[/name_f] nn Lu/Lou is the best of both worlds!

1 Like