Help Me Whittle it Down

Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] with a baby due in several weeks. I have a short list that I’d love feedback on. Suggestions are also welcome! I want to avoid repeating initials. My children are named [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]. So no P, A, or M names.

My girl list:

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

Congratulations!

I like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Francine[/name_f] best with your current sib-set

Congrats. You have some good names here! I think I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] the best - it’s really perfect with the siblings’ names. I’m also a big fan of [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], but I would prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as the full name with [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] as a nickname - it gives her more options if she later decides she doesn’t like [name_f]Betsy[/name_f].

The only one I would advise against is [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]. It’s a very pretty name, I just don’t think it goes well in this set.

I love [name_f]Francine[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for you. :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] the best. :slight_smile:

Another vote for [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are my top picks!
All the best :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Frances[/name_f], and I agree with pp re [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is a great name but I feel like it pulls the other two further away from [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], if that matters.

I like [name_f]Fern[/name_f] or [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] with this sibset, to strike a balance between the whimsical [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] and classic [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] :slight_smile: I could also see something like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] or a botanical choice like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] working nicely here. Forgive the stupid question, but is [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] a boy or a girl?

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] or Rowena!

I love [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Fern[/name_f]. I’d probably pick [name_f]Frances[/name_f] for [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]'s sister.

I like [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] as they seem to bridge between cute [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] and classic [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f].

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]!

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] are my favorites with [name_u]Pepper[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], but [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] works really well with them, too!

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] gets my vote…love the alliteration! {Can you please call her Frenchy? I think that would be so cute!}

[name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]!

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] feels fresh, sweet and fun; [name_f]Frances[/name_f] feels strong and serious; [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] feels soft, gentle and vintage. It depends what feel you want to go for.

My personal favourite is the fabulous [name_f]Fern[/name_f], but I’m wondering if it might leave [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] a little bit as the odd one out amongst your girls… I think I’m overthinking things! Plus, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] are a really perfect stylistic match so maybe leaning a little more cute and quirky with this one would actually be a good thing.

Congrats on your princess coming soon:) I’m not super into [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] for a child, but they are very beautiful names. [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_f]Francine[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] are all very lovely, though I’d have to say [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is my favorite. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] would be a great option for your little princess if you would want to call her [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Kat[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f] etc. for a nn. Best wishes to you and your family!
”alyssa

Thanks! I love [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], too, but my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] is named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so I wouldn’t feel comfortable using that. I think [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is my current favorite, but mostly because I love the nickname [name_f]Kitty[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Fern[/name_f] also, but my husband is slightly less enamores. I’ll keep pestering him :slight_smile:

I love fern the plant, but my only hang up is that it makes me think of [name_f]Fern[/name_f] from The Only [name_m]Way[/name_m] is [name_m]Essex[/name_m] (not super relevant, I know, but I secretly watch the show so there it is).

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] I like because of the [name_u]Austen[/name_u] nod. [name_u]Austen[/name_u] was a factor in my choosing [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] for my second. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], however, is a less impressive character…