Help! Mummy's broken her foot!

[name]Hi[/name] ladies and gents :slight_smile:

As some of you know I am mummy to 6 girls, the youngest being my 16 month old triplets. Two days ago, at the weekend, husband and I were at an adventure park with friends of ours and our girls. We had a lovely day together with a picnic and lots of time outdoors running around and having fun, when I managed to trip over a skipping rope and fell straight onto the ground. Thankfully I wasn’t holding any of the kids, unfortunately I (in an odd attempt to stop myself falling!) fell at a very strange angle and managed to break my foot. The only other time I’ve broken anything was when I was 9 and as a mum, it really is one of your worst nightmares! It is apparently quite a bad break so I will be off my foot with a cast and on crutches for at least 6-8 weeks. Help! Like all mummies, I’m always on the go and as a stay at home mum, I have no idea how I’m going to cope! Although I am thanking my lucky stars it was me and not one of my daughters. I just wonder if anyone has any experience of this or any advice on how to make things go a little bit more smoothly and try (as far as possible) to continue as normal.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Gracie[/name]

I feel for you! It would seem almost like an impossible task to look after the family with a foot in a plaster cast.

Does the area you live in have a government run Home Help system? I had help once when I was sick with cancer but mainly it is to help old people manage to live independently.

I would get in touch with the principal at your children’s school and see if some kind mothers there would be able to come into your home on a roster system for a few weeks to help you.

For example two ladies could do a weekly shop for you if you make up a list (or you could get it delivered from the nearest major shopping centre).

These ladies could come in in two’s or threes once or twice a day to do chores, pick up the children from school and help you with the babies.

Otherwise get in touch with the local newspaper and get them to highlight your plight and see what help the general public can give you, maybe a few generous business people would get a housekeeper for you till you are better?

The ladies at your local church would be only too willing to help I am SURE.

I will pray for you and ask that you get all the help and healing that you need right now and that the children are good for you and the babies don’t get disturbed by wind or other baby complaints that would mean extra mothering is required.

You will be on my mind. If you reach out into the community I am sure it will work out for you.

rollo xoxo

[name]How[/name] are you, [name]Gracie[/name]? Were you able to get some help? Can anyone in your family (mother, sister, aunt, etc.) help you?