Help name number 4!

We’re expecting our last baby and need your help! Their siblings are Duncan, Reese, and Cole.

It can’t start with the letter P and we’d prefer it to be six letters or less.
Eta- We would love ideas!

Top contenders are:
Finn
Owen
Nolan
Robin

Noa
Juliet
Fiona
Ivy

1 Like

[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] or [name_f]Noa[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_m]Finn[/name_m] or [name_m]Owen[/name_m] seem perfect if baby is a boy!

Is [name_f]Reese[/name_f] a girl? I love that name on a girl, but none of the names on your potential girl names are jumping out at me as being the same unisex/surname style. Perhaps your style has changed–that’s ok! But my first thought would be something like [name_f]Quinn[/name_f].

2 Likes

Totally. [name_f]Reese[/name_f] is a girl. I love [name_f]Quinn[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is [name_m]Clint[/name_m] and we think they may be too similar sounding. We’re very open to suggestions!

1 Like

I love your boys’ names!
I think [name_m]Finn[/name_m] would go best with the siblings, but [name_m]Owen[/name_m] would also be a great choice.

For the girls, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is my favorite but I think [name_f]Noa[/name_f] is probably the best match for the other names.

1 Like

[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] or [name_m]Finn[/name_m] fit best for boys!

[name_f]Noa[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] for girls!

A few more suggestions (unsure if you were looking for them or not):

Boys:

[name_m]Flynn[/name_m]
[name_m]Tristan[/name_m] (sorry it’s 7 letters…)
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Irving[/name_m]

Girls:
[name_f]Avery[/name_f]
[name_f]Jayne[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sasha[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help :slight_smile:

1 Like

With [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], [name_f]Reese[/name_f] and [name_m]Cole[/name_m], I love:

[name_m]Robin[/name_m]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m]
[name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

(Finn and [name_m]Owen[/name_m] work well too, and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], for something unexpected with your set)

Apologies if you don't need more suggestions, so feel free to ignore, but I did think of:

[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Drew[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabe[/name_m]
[name_m]Max[/name_m]
[name_m]Ira[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Jesse[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]

[name_f]Alix[/name_f]
[name_m]Casey[/name_m]
[name_f]Gia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eden[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Skye[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sage[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Owen[/name_m] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] from your list!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] seems to go the most with the others. For a girl name, the ones you list are a little more feminine than [name_f]Reese[/name_f], so I’d say [name_f]Noa[/name_f]. Other girl names that might be good options are [name_m]Quincy[/name_m], [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], [name_f]Marlow[/name_f] or [name_f]Avery[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Quincy[/name_m]!

I think any of your boy names would fit in nicely. [name_m]Robin[/name_m] would be a little more unexpected than [name_m]Finn[/name_m], [name_m]Owen[/name_m] or [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], but I really like it with the siblings’ names. It would also work perfectly for a sister, too!

I agree with others that of your girls’ options, [name_f]Noa[/name_f] seems to be the best choice to complement the siblings. Since you like [name_m]Finn[/name_m] for a boy, I wonder if you’ve considered something like [name_m]Finley[/name_m] for a girl? I’ll also suggest [name_f]Ffion[/name_f], as a halfway point between [name_m]Finn[/name_m] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Loving[/name_f] [name_m]Owen[/name_m] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] with your big 3 !

I would recommend

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Murphy[/name_m]

[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

1 Like

Maybe [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]?

1 Like

I like Ivy or Juliet for girls. Noa matches the sounds of your others but seems a bit too hip and inner city to me, and I just don’t love Fiona - maybe I just don’t love the nicknames (my cousin Fiona is called Fizz!). Maybe Fia as nn? I should say, Fiona seems to suit the set best so maybe it’s Ivy or Fiona for me.

I’m finding the boys harder: I like Nolan but it feels like a smoosh of Duncan and Cole - almost Colan. Robin is nice but prefer a non repeat letter now you’ve got this far without repeat initial. Finn seems a little overdone (was super popular 10 years ago) but I do like the outdoorsy feel it brings to the set. Owen seems like the best by process of elimination - and it is a sturdy and handsome name- but I do really like the name Robin.

Other options (some over word count)

Girls

Fia
Shea
Faye
Greer
Mary
Nora (prefer Nora with your set, over Noa)
Brenna
Keira
Bridget
Marnie
Delaney
Morgan
Marlowe
Kinsley
Darcy/Darcey

Boys

Finley
Finnegan
Lachlan
Griffin
Hamish
Gavin
Logan
Angus
Bowie
Lewis
Brody
Harris
Drew
Darcy
Zachary

1 Like

I honestly like all of your potentials. [name_m]Finn[/name_m] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] are my favorites.

Maybe:
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]

[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Flynn[/name_m]
[name_m]Flint[/name_m]
[name_m]Brent[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Justin[/name_m]
[name_m]Carver[/name_m]

1 Like

I would not use [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], [name_m]Owen[/name_m], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], or [name_f]Noa[/name_f] because I don’t like repeating the vowel sounds and I think all of those names take away form [name_m]Cole[/name_m]. I don’t feel that [name_m]Robin[/name_m] really fits with the others. [name_m]Finn[/name_m] is nice. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a strong feminine name and fits well. Other suggestions for boys

[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_m]Briggs[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_m]Jesse[/name_m]
[name_m]Micah[/name_m]
[name_m]Niall[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Truett[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_m]Owen[/name_m] or [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] fit nice… I like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] as well.

Other suggestions:

[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

Willa/Willow
[name_f]Josie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]

1 Like

Interesting take on [name_f]Noa[/name_f]! She’s a feminist figure in the Hebrew bible.

1 Like

Was aware that Noa’s a Jewish name - maybe that’s why I (and I get this is based on generalising) see it as more urban and artsy. Your other names are more Brit/outdoorsy/bucolic.

What do you think about [name_m]Sawyer[/name_m] or [name_f]Fallon[/name_f] for a girl? I feel like they match your unisex surname style. A little bit on the [name_f]Irish[/name_f] side.
From your boys list I like [name_m]Finn[/name_m] and [name_m]Owen[/name_m] for you. I really think that [name_m]Finn[/name_m] is a winner if you aren’t convinced though, maybe [name_m]Jamieson[/name_m], [name_m]Archer[/name_m] or [name_m]Burton[/name_m]?

1 Like