Help name our daughter!

Hello! We are expecting baby #1 and I had no idea how difficult choosing a name would be. Here is my list so far:

[name_f]Nora/name_f
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaley[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]

What do you think? Or do you have any other suggestions? We both tend to like more classic names, not into anything too trendy or too popular. Thank you!

I heard the combo [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] suggested by someone else and thought it was so simple and pretty.

Other names I might suggest given the names you like:
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] ([name_f]Margaret[/name_f])
[name_f]Nell[/name_f] ([name_f]Eleanor[/name_f])
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Ann[/name_f]/[name_f]Anne[/name_f]/[name_f]Annie[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]

My faves from your list are [name_f]Nora[/name_f] & [name_f]Kate[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] too, and the suggestions of [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

I really like
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]

Suggestions
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] seems to be the immortal classic as far as girl baby names. There are also lots of nick name possibilities like [name_f]Liz[/name_f], [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Libby[/name_f], Libba*(my fave), [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], etc.
Out of your list I would go with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for the first. For a middle maybe choose one that is a little less classic or traditional to balance out [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]'s classic quality.
Ideas:
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Coraleigh
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Joelle[/name_f]

If you really really love traditional best, here are some classically pretty and feminine choices:
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]*
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Kaley[/name_f]*
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f]*
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f]*
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]*
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Macaela
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]McKenna[/name_f]

Of your choices, I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] the best! [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] sounds great.

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Talitha[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]/[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

rollo

I like [name_f]Kate[/name_f] , i also like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] but prefer this with an ‘s’ - [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] . X

Someone suggested [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] above, this is pretty . My name is [name_f]Claire[/name_f], ive never liked it for myself, however when putting as a middle name its beautiful. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is my preferred spelling. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] - Ohhh i may possibly steal this hehehe, 4 weeks to go and no names. We have our boys name however . Let us know what you chose :slight_smile: x

[name_f]Nora/name_f - I have such a soft spot for this name. [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. :slight_smile: Or… [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] - Prefer the softer “eh” sound of the name [name_f]Brenna[/name_f].
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] - Classic, but I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is lovely.
[name_f]Kaley[/name_f] - This seems like the odd name out! [name_m]Just[/name_m] doesn’t fit with the sort of historic/romantic feel of the other names on your list.
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - Never seems to lose its appeal.
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] - Great name. I would choose [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]? [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]? [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]?
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] this name despite its commonness. Also like it spelled [name_f]Cate[/name_f], like Blanchett.

My top picks: #1) [name_f]Nora[/name_f] #2) [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] #3) [name_f]Tess/name_f.

I adore [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]. It isn’t as common as the others, but I like the entire list. Second choice would be [name_f]Tess[/name_f], third choice would be [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Nora/name_f- This is a name that has been growing on me.
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]- I can understand why people like this name, I just don’t
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]- I know a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] who is a doll, so I am growing to like this name.
[name_f]Kaley[/name_f]- as pp said- odd one out. Very trendy sounding.
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]- Classic, perfect
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]- I kind of like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] with an a added. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]- love [name_f]Kate[/name_f], or [name_f]Cate[/name_f].

Top choices: [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaya[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
Suggestions:

Like suggested above I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] would be a beautiful choice :slight_smile:

Your clear winners are [name_f]Norah[/name_f] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. Beautiful, strong, feminine. I would also love if you would consider [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Good luck!

Especially like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] from your list.

Some Other Suggestions that are Classic

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as a nn for something else. I do not like it on its own.

Other classic names:

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Katharine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilly[/name_f]/[name_f]Lillie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ann/name_f
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f] (could try Pryscilla?)

You all have great feedback, thank you! To be honest, I’m leaning very strongly towards the name [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_u]Laine[/name_u], but hubby isn’t 100% sold on it so I’m trying to see if other options grow on me.

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] over [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], but he was strongly against the added “a” to [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

[name_f]Celia[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] are both pretty suggestions.

Hopefully we can agree on something soon!

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] ([name_f]Tess[/name_f] as nn)

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - definately! [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] - definately! [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaley[/name_f] - not a classic like your other names, in the event that you have a second child you may have trouble finding a 2nd name that coordinates
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - definately! So many attractive nick names. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] - definately! [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] - nice but over used. [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]