Help! Need to narrow down a huge boys list.

I’d like to hear some of your guys’ expert opinion on our ridiculously long list. I’d like to get a top five or so before I actually get serious about deciding, so it would be great if you guys could pick some favorites, or just tell which ones you think have got to go. Thanks!

My girl list: https://nameberry.com/nametalk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12891&sid=a71cf58104a25375d7d18755dcb94a86
If you would help me out on it too I’d be so grateful!

[name]Abram[/name] ([name]Bram[/name])
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]August[/name] ([name]Gus[/name])
[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name] or maybe [name]Nat[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (Probably [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Theo[/name])
[name]Valentin[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

If I had to pick a top five from your list, it would definitely be [name]Felix[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Micah[/name], [name]Julian[/name], and [name]Hugo[/name], hands down! They are all handsome with a retro and yet modern feel. Here’s some thoughts on the rest of your list:

[name]Abram[/name] - This name has always seemed a little abrupt to me. I prefer the full [name]Abraham[/name].
[name]Archer[/name] - ooh, I really like this one! [name]Archie[/name] is an adorable nickname, and [name]Archer[/name] is much cooler and more accessible than the slightly stuffy [name]Archibald[/name]. It does seem a teensy bit trendy though because of the rise in occupational surname names.
[name]Ari[/name] - cool
[name]Asher[/name] - such a nice meaning combined with a cool, naturey nickname ([name]Ash[/name]) makes this name nice, but I think you have some better options
[name]Atlas[/name] - definitely an “out there” choice, but I think it would be cool to use this.
[name]August[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Beau[/name] - ehh, I know a few teenage Beaus, and they are all kind of cocky, jocky jerks.
[name]Byron[/name] - While [name]Lord[/name] [name]Byron[/name] wrote stunning poetry, I’m afraid this name will be swept up in the -on trend.
[name]Charles[/name] - nice
[name]Elliot[/name] - I like this, but it seems like its heading towards the girls
[name]Felix[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]!
[name]Henry[/name] - like this, but its becoming popular
[name]Homer[/name] - all I can think of is the Simpsons (despite the epic poet)
[name]Hugo[/name] - another [name]LOVE[/name]! Its so handsome and retro, and its also multi-cultural since it can easily transition into a Spanish name with the pronunciation of “[name]Ugo[/name]”
[name]Julian[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it! Handsome to the max!
[name]Leo[/name] - like
[name]Micah[/name] - I really like [name]Micah[/name] - its such a cute alternative to [name]Michael[/name] that I believe is underused. (have you considered [name]Mekhi[/name]? [name]Mekhi[/name] Pheiffer (sp?) is such a handsome actor that name becomes handsome to me just from looking at him :wink: )
[name]Nathaniel[/name] - a bit dated for me
[name]Oliver[/name] - nice, but popular
[name]Sullivan[/name] - I like it, but I’ve never been fond of [name]Sully[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] - I love how handsome this is, and [name]Theo[/name] is just a perfect nickname.
[name]Valentin[/name] - [name]Ever[/name] since seeing pictures of [name]Ricky[/name] [name]Martin[/name]'s adorable twin boys in People magazine, I have been swept up in the handsome cutes of [name]Valentin[/name] and [name]Valentino[/name]. [name]Just[/name] be prepared for teasing of “[name]Valentine[/name]”
[name]Winter[/name] - feminine to me
[name]Wyatt[/name] - I like it, but I feel like it is a bit dated

[name]Hope[/name] my comments help!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

I’m going to bold my favorites.

[name]Abram[/name] - sounds like an old man to me, don’t like it.
[name]Archer[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]! Probably what we’re going to name our son.
[name]Ari[/name] - reminds me of the guy from Entourage, I wouldn’t name my son [name]Ari[/name].
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name] - wouldn’t name my child after maps.
[name]August[/name] - don’t like it.
[name]Beau[/name] - don’t like it.
[name]Byron[/name] - really don 't like it.
[name]Charles[/name] - really cute name and you could call him [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] - love it!
[name]Felix[/name] - really don’t like. Reminds me of [name]Felix[/name] the cat.
[name]Henry[/name] - I love love love [name]Henry[/name]!
[name]Homer[/name] - don’t like at all. Reminds me of [name]Homer[/name] [name]Simpson[/name].
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Micah[/name] - do not like [name]Micah[/name].
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
- love love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Valentin[/name]- reminds me of Valentines [name]Day[/name], don’t like.
[name]Winter[/name] - sounds too hippy-ish to me.
[name]Wyatt[/name] - I like [name]Wyatt[/name] but I wouldn’t say it’s one of my favorites.

Oh yay, you have an awesome boy’s list too :slight_smile: I’ll do the same thing I did for the girl’s list.

Top 5

1. [name]August[/name] (so in love w/ this name right now!)
  2. [name]Hugo[/name] (fantastic all around)
  3. [name]Felix[/name] (I’m a sucker for anything w/ an ‘x’)
  4. [name]Archer[/name] (handsome, and love [name]Archie[/name], too)
  5. [name]Charles[/name] (my son’s mn, so I’m biased)

Bottom 5
5. [name]Beau[/name] (nice as a nn)
4. [name]Homer[/name] (sadly, I agree w/ the other posters. The Simpsons has ruined this for awhile)
3. [name]Atlas[/name] (very cool, but I’d save it for the middle)
2. [name]Valentin[/name] (another one I’d save for the middle)

1. [name]Winter[/name] (unfortunately I think of [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name]'s daughter)

As with your girl’s list, I had a very hard time coming up with a bottom five. You have some amazing names picked out! Best of luck :slight_smile:

You like a lot of the names I have on my own list.

[name]Abram[/name]-New a guy named [name]Abram[/name] and I have always thought his name was great. Most people call him [name]Bram[/name].
[name]Archer[/name]-[name]Love[/name] this name
[name]Ari[/name]-I used to think this name was the coolest, but I have heard it a few times on different people and it has lost its charm to me.
[name]Asher[/name]-I like this name
[name]Atlas[/name]-[name]Love[/name] this name
[name]August[/name]-[name]Love[/name] this name
[name]Beau[/name]-This one is very handsome.
[name]Byron[/name]-There is something i don’t like about this name but i can’t explain it.
[name]Charles[/name]-I imagine this one belonging to someone very serious with flared nostrils.
[name]Elliot[/name]-I don’t like this one very much.
[name]Felix[/name]-I do like this one.
[name]Henry[/name]-Like
[name]Homer[/name]-This is a great name. Its time to overcome its association with [name]Homer[/name] [name]Simpson[/name].
[name]Hugo[/name]-I don’t personally like this one
[name]Julian[/name]-Sounds too pretty
[name]Leo[/name]-Not bad.
[name]Micah[/name]-Nah
[name]Nathaniel[/name]-I have an odd association with this one. It makes me thinks of a boy wearing sandals.
[name]Oliver[/name]-Great name, but he may run into other Olivers
[name]Sullivan[/name]-I don’t like this one. It is masculine but not really handsome.
[name]Theodore[/name]-Good name
[name]Valentin[/name]-I love this name and the way it sounds, but I feel OCD about it not having an E on the end.
[name]Winter[/name]-I don’t really like word names, but i suppose it could be handsome.
[name]Wyatt[/name]-Dont like

What a great list of names! [name]Ari[/name] and [name]August[/name] get my vote, though I am biased because [name]Ari[/name] is my son’s name and [name]August[/name] is my other son’s middle name! Other favorites on your list are [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Abram[/name] ([name]Bram[/name]) – I like [name]Abram[/name], but I love [name]Abraham[/name]. I especially love [name]Abraham[/name] with the nickname [name]Bram[/name]! (:
[name]Archer[/name] – I don’t know if I really like this or not. It seems to solely remind me of archery. I like [name]Archie[/name], and as a nickname for [name]Archibald[/name], which is what came to mind right off.
[name]Ari[/name] – I love this on a boy! So refreshing to see it as a male name, instead of a girl’s.
[name]Asher[/name] – I like [name]Asher[/name], but I don’t love it. I love [name]Ashley[/name], but I guess it’s too far gone to the girls, sadly.
[name]Atlas[/name] – I love [name]Atlas[/name]! So fun and awesome, haha.
[name]August[/name] ([name]Gus[/name]) – I like [name]August[/name], nickname [name]Gus[/name]. It’s cute. I like [name]Augustin[/name] a lot, too.
[name]Beau[/name] – Cute; but I think it’s a wee bit much, if you ask me. Still love it, though!
[name]Byron[/name] – Okay, I have to admit it–I freaking adore [name]Byron[/name]! It’s probably just because it honors the arrogant little [name]Poet[/name]… <33
[name]Charles[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) – [name]Charles[/name] is lovely.
[name]Elliot[/name] – I like [name]Elliot[/name] for a boy!
[name]Felix[/name] – Gorgeous, so handsome!
[name]Henry[/name] – Absolutely love this.
[name]Homer[/name] – Not my style at all.
[name]Hugo[/name] – I love [name]Hugo[/name]! Yay! <3
[name]Julian[/name] – One of my favorite names. I love how it’s soft but still feels incredibly masculine and handsome.
[name]Leo[/name] – [name]Adore[/name] [name]Leo[/name]. :smiley:
[name]Micah[/name] – Not my style.
[name]Nathaniel[/name] – I like [name]Nathaniel[/name]. :smiley: I like it a lot, actually. I’m not a big fan of [name]Nate[/name] or [name]Nat[/name], though.
[name]Oliver[/name] – Okay; I prefer [name]Olivier[/name].
[name]Sullivan[/name] – Not my style at all.
[name]Theodore[/name] (Probably [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Theo[/name]) – I love [name]Theodore[/name]! I adore [name]Theo[/name] as a nickname, but I actually prefer it as a nickname on a girl. xD
[name]Valentin[/name] – [name]Love[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] or [name]Valentine[/name]!
[name]Winter[/name] – I like [name]Winter[/name], but I think I might like it a tad bit more on girls…
[name]Wyatt[/name] – Okay.