Help! No name is "good enough"

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, hubby and I are expecting our first bub in a few short months - a little prince. Whilst I’ve loved names long before conceiving, the names I previously liked don’t seem suitable, and to be frank, I think I have difficulty committing to a single name as I don’t seem any “good enough” for my bump! We have, however, narrowed down a list to a top 4. We like traditional names and either first or middle name must start with an “m”. Advice please :cool:

[name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_u]Mason[/name_u] (no middle name or optional)
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Jason[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Jase[/name_m])

I like [name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u], but I realized it’s very close to [name_m]Zac[/name_m] Posen (designer), if that makes any difference to you. I assume you prefer [name_m]Zac[/name_m] to [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] nn [name_m]Zac[/name_m]?

[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u]/[name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u] or [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]/[name_m]Zac[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] would be my picks.

I also really like [name_m]Zach[/name_m]! Have you considered [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]?

[name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] or [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] - [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] or [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] or [name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u]

What makes them feel “not good enough” and what kind of vibe are you going for?

I like [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]. It feels the most traditional/classic. [name_m]Zac[/name_m] & [name_m]Jason[/name_m] feel a bit 90s and [name_u]Mason[/name_u] feels a bit trendy.

[name_u]Mason[/name_u] is so wildly overused and popular that if you’re concerned nothing is ‘special’ enough, [name_u]Mason[/name_u] would be a serious misstep.

Of the names you listed, I too really like [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]-- it’s grown-up and quiet, but still strong. It sounds great paired with [name_m]Zachary[/name_m].

However, there are so so many names which begin with M-- what sort of vibe/values are you going for in a name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you want it to be cool, preppy, classic, elegant?

Some ideas, going off the names you mentioned–

[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
(similar to [name_m]Zachary[/name_m])

[name_m]Madden[/name_m]
[name_u]Macon[/name_u]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m]
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Mekhi[/name_m]
(similar to [name_u]Mason[/name_u])

[name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Morrison[/name_m]
[name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Maxfield[/name_m]
(similar to [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m])

Some great suggestions from @blade. I will add [name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_m]Matteo[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Zacharie[/name_m] ([name_m]French[/name_m] spelling), but prefer lots of other ‘M’ names. Here are some to consider:

[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
Maximillien
[name_m]Maximo[/name_m]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Moses[/name_m]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_m]Montague[/name_m]
[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]

Congrats on expecting!
Your name choices are good, solid ones. If you feel they aren’t special enough, I would continue to search. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t just pick one off of the list. Find that one that goes “bam, pow!” Think about what the names on your list lack to you… is it a profound meaning? Substance? Perhaps they don’t feel unique or fresh enough since you’ve been thinking of them for a while. Maybe you need to consider something a little more uncommon. What kind of image do you want your namechoice to project for your son? One way to ensure your names feel special is to consider honoring someone important in you or your husband’s life. [name_f]Remember[/name_f], any name you choose, however common or rare, will immediately begin to feel special the moment you give it to your beloved little one. PS. My husband and I considered all the names on your list for our son. We ended up with [name_m]Travis[/name_m] [name_m]Nevin[/name_m], a name which feels so very special to us! ([name_m]Nevin[/name_m] is for husband’s grandfather)
Here are a few suggestions to get you started. All the best!
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Brock[/name_m]
[name_m]Brodie[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]/[name_u]Karson[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]/[name_m]Colton[/name_m]/[name_m]Coltrane[/name_m]/[name_u]Colby[/name_u]/[name_u]Kolby[/name_u]
[name_u]Kirby[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Garvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u]/[name_u]Brady[/name_u]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Jarrett[/name_m]/[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_m]Jared[/name_m]/[name_m]Jerrod[/name_m]
[name_m]Jaxon[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Judson[/name_m]/[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m]
[name_m]Laramie[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathew[/name_m]/[name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]/[name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Oren[/name_m]/[name_m]Orrin[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_m]Simeon[/name_m]/[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobin[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]

Thank you all for your suggestions! [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] but our surname starts with the same sound [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] end in "[name_f]Ree[/name_f] " - so it can only be [name_m]Zac[/name_m]! I love the name [name_m]Zac[/name_m] and hubby loves [name_u]Mason[/name_u] - I prefer strong traditional names, he prefers trendy names! [name_m]Both[/name_m] names are strong, but I think I have finally found acceptance with [name_m]Zac[/name_m] as I love the name and it’s meaning, although I can’t get hubby to agree and that makes me second guess the name.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions! You really have helped :slight_smile: