Help Please!

I’ve narrowed down the name to either [name_f]Talia[/name_f] or [name_f]Malia[/name_f]. I’m really not sure which to choose. I quite like [name_f]Talia[/name_f], just seems very charming however [name_f]Malia[/name_f] is more exotic and less common. The surname is either going to be De Torres or [name_u]Santana[/name_u] (if not both).
Which do you think is best, both first names and surnames. Any advice/insight/opinions would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I really like both! If I had to pick, the tiebreaker would go to [name_f]Malia[/name_f] because I think [name_f]Talia[/name_f] with either surname has a lot of Ts (although, that was just an opinion I made to break a seemingly impossible tie so I don’t think it’s a big deal at all if you decide on [name_f]Talia[/name_f]!).

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f]; I actually like the matching Ts with the surname! However, both are nice names.

1 Like

I’m a fan of alliteration, so I think [name_f]Talia[/name_f] sounds fabulously punchy with either surname!

Also, though [name_f]Malia[/name_f] may be less common, I associate it closely with [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_m]Obama[/name_m], whereas [name_f]Talia[/name_f] doesn’t have such a prominent figure tied to it (that I know of…maybe I’m under a rock!).

Both are beautiful names.

3 Likes

I vote [name_f]Talia[/name_f] because it flows better with both possible last names, especially [name_u]Santana[/name_u]. Saying [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_u]Santana[/name_u] feels like work/effort for some reason, whereas [name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Santana[/name_u] has a lovely and easy alliterative bounce to it.

Also, I agree that [name_f]Malia[/name_f] is rather well associated with [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_m]Obama[/name_m], which is a nice association, but still strong enough where I think it kinda overshadows the individual name a bit.

Talia also has easier short-form nicknames like [name_u]Tal[/name_u] and [name_u]Tali[/name_u], whereas nicknames for [name_f]Malia[/name_f] don’t feel as natural.

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Malia[/name_f]. [name_f]Talia[/name_f] reminds me of a talon.

1 Like

Talia is lovely.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f]!

1 Like

Talia!

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Malia[/name_f]. It’s beautiful, and will likely sound better with the surnames. Whether it’s [name_f]Malia[/name_f] De Torres or [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_u]Santana[/name_u], it’ll sound really pretty. Personally, I think that [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_u]Santana[/name_u] sounds great.

1 Like

I’m split as well. I love the meaning of [name_f]Talia[/name_f] and [name_f]Malia[/name_f] both, but I prefer the way [name_f]Malia[/name_f] sounds with the potential last names.

1 Like

Both are great names! [name_f]Malia[/name_f] slightly has the edge for me because I think it sounds better with the surname/surnames. I didn’t think of [name_f]Malia[/name_f] [name_m]Obama[/name_m] until it was mentioned so I don’t think everyone would immediately make that connection. Good luck!

1 Like

Oh, this is so hard!
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] de T0rres Sant@na would be a gorgeous name! :heart: I love mythological names.
I adore [name_f]Malia[/name_f]! [name_f]Malia[/name_f] Santan@ or [name_f]Malia[/name_f] de Torr3s Sant@na would be stunning.
I think I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f] over [name_f]Malia[/name_f] with the de T0rres and [name_f]Malia[/name_f] over [name_f]Talia[/name_f] with [name_u]S@ntana[/name_u]. :blush:

I can’t chose my favorite! Your daughter will have a magnificent name!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Malia[/name_f] for you! I think it has an interesting and distinct sound and i like it best with your surname

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f]! I like the spelling [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] even more!

1 Like

Both [name_f]Malia[/name_f] and [name_f]Talia[/name_f] are great names!
I think I personally slightly prefer [name_f]Talia[/name_f] but it’s hard to choose because [name_f]Malia[/name_f] is also very beautiful. The surnames are both fine as well. I like the idea of using both. [name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Santana[/name_u] De Torres sounds really good.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Talia[/name_f]. It has such a beautiful meaning! I also think it just sounds better than [name_f]Malia[/name_f]. For some reason, it makes me think of Malice.

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Talia[/name_f], it’s a beautiful name! Unfortunately [name_f]Malia[/name_f] is a place in [name_f]Crete[/name_f] where British teenagers go to get drunk so I can’t really see it as a name for a little girl, sorry!

1 Like

They’re both amazing… Do you pronounce them the same? I say TAH-lia and ma-LEE-ah only because that’s how people I know pronounce them. I’d probably prefer Malia if it was lengthened to MAH-lia.

I think I slightly prefer Malia Santana and Talia de Torres but you can’t go wrong with either!

1 Like

For [name_f]Talia[/name_f] it would be TAH-lia but for [name_f]Malia[/name_f] it would be Ma-LEE-ah. I think I’m starting to lean towards having both surnames with whichever first name now. Thank you for the help!!

2 Likes