Help please

We have 3 boy names for our baby due in a few months, but im unsure if theyre too popular? Middle name is an honour name and isnt negotiable even though its popular, that doesn’t bother me

Let me know your thoughts please?

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] (my least fave :joy:)

Our last name begins with A… thankyou all!!

1 Like

I mentioned this in your girls’ names post, but again, “too popular” depends on you!

I will say that Theodore does strike me as too popular. It’s in the top 15 in England, the USA, Australia & New Zealand, so definitely an overwhelmingly popular name all over the English-speaking world. Arthur really depends - it’s extremely popular in England, where it’s the third most popular boy name, but in the states it’s only number 155. In Australia & NZ it’s in the top 40, making it quite popular but not overwhelmingly so. It is in the top 5 of countries like France, Belgium, Switzerland & Brazil as well, but that may not be too relevant to you.

Honestly, my personal favourite is Fergus - I don’t mind popular names myself, but I’ve seen Theodore & Arthur so much on here that they don’t feel as exciting to me. I love Fergus’ sound, the cool nickname Gus, and that it’s a little more unexpected! My second favourite is Arthur.

1 Like

All of these are solid options. [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] is my fave, but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] are nice too. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is currently very popular in various places and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] is very popular in the UK - if that’s an issue for you, I probably wouldn’t use those, but they are nice, classic options

I think popularity kind of depends on location. I feel like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is pretty popular in the US, I hear it a lot. But that being said [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is my favorite and [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is my second favorite.

I have a son named [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and we only know one other, 8 years older in another state. I wouldn’t say it’s too popular at all! [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is a great name.

I love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]!

I do know two little Theodores and two little Theos, but it’s a classic name that’s hard to find fault with. I only know some kids with [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] as a middle, but not a first.

[name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is my favourite, as long as your last name doesn’t start with “Ar”. [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] feels smart and mature, but it also gives off cozy, fall vibes. I like [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_u]Artie[/name_u], and AJ as nicknames.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u]!

Oh gosh I am obsessed with [name_m]Fergus[/name_m] so I am probably no help considering it’s your least favourite

I really like [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] too ! [name_u]Artie[/name_u] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] sounds soo sweet !

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is lovely but super popular amongst my friends kids !