HELP! Sister for Julie

We are having a hard time deciding on a name for a sister for our daughter [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

Choices are:
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

Which do you prefer? Or do you have any other suggestions? Your feedback is SO appreciated!!

I like [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], or [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:

I like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] the most when paired with [name_u]Julie[/name_u]!

1 Like

Julie is sweet! I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] best with it. I would avoid names that contain the same sounds as [name_u]Julie[/name_u], like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Tough choice! I wouldn’t use [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because of the matchy primary vowel sound (though I like the name otherwise!), just from a practical standpoint—I can imagine the two names might sound similar if called out from across the house or playground.

I’m going to buck the trend and say my favorite is [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], because it feels most similar to [name_u]Julie[/name_u] in style and tone, but I also like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

1 Like

I’d pick [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I will also suggest [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Emma sounds really sweet with [name_u]Julie[/name_u]! That would get my vote, but you really can’t go wrong here – I think all of the names on your list sound like good sister names for [name_u]Julie[/name_u].

1 Like

So happy to see [name_u]Julie[/name_u] being used! It’s such a sweet name! I really like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] with [name_u]Julie[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Claire is lovely

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your list-

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]-I like this name a lot. It’s smart, classic, feminine yet not frilly & [name_u]Abbie[/name_u] is a sweet nn. It’s very popular though. That’s the only downside. I think that it goes fairly well w/Julie.

[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]-This is not my super favorite, but I do think that it goes really nice w/Julie. Kind of a similar style. Well known, works well on any age, isn’t too common, & is feminine w/out being too frilly as well.

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]-This is very sweet, but obviously way popular.

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]-This seems like a nice match. Simple, smart, feminine & sleek. Somewhat common yet not as much as [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]-This is my favorite from your list. It has such a sweet friendly classic feel.

A few more ideas that you may like-

[name_f]Amy[/name_f]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_u]Holly[/name_u]

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

[name_f]Sally[/name_f]

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I’m so happy to hear of a little [name_u]Julie[/name_u]! It’s my favorite of the [name_u]Juli[/name_u]- names and so underused. Here are my thoughts on your list:

Abigail–Timeless, friendly, and approachable. I like that it doesn’t share too much sound with [name_u]Julie[/name_u].
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f]–I think this might match [name_u]Julie[/name_u]’s “vibe” best, but it’s not my favorite from your list with [name_u]Julie[/name_u] because of the matching endings. That wouldn’t be a deal-breaker for me, though!
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]–I love [name_f]Emma[/name_f]! So simple yet sweet and strong. I think it would make a lovely sister for [name_u]Julie[/name_u].
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]–So understated and elegant. I love it. Paired with [name_u]Julie[/name_u], I feel like it creates a bit of a [name_u]French[/name_u] vibe for the sibset.
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]–I adore [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but the repeated “L”, and long “u”, and long “e” sounds with [name_u]Julie[/name_u] bother me a bit.

I absolutely love the previous suggestions of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] with [name_u]Julie[/name_u], and I’ll also throw in:

Sophie
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time and your suggestions!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and taking the time to respond! Appreciated!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] for [name_u]Julie[/name_u]’s little sister!
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] is a bit too similar for my taste, but perhaps you would consider [name_f]Natalia[/name_f] or even [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]? [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a little similar too. What about [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/e?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] the best. [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] goes the best with [name_u]Julie[/name_u], especially if you use the nn [name_u]Abbie[/name_u].