Help someone who likes the ugly names

I love [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] and [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]! We named our kitten [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] because it sounds dreadful with our last name, and thus would never work for a child.

I also really like [name_m]Roland[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], and [name_u]Ira[/name_u].

2 Likes

I think these names are quite dashing! Forget what others are telling you!

[name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] and [name_m]Hector[/name_m] are my favorites!
Let’s not forget [name_f]Amy[/name_f] Schumer calling her baby boy [name_u]Gene[/name_u], I swear its going to come back into style!!

I’ll also suggest [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Ogden[/name_m] and [name_m]Marvin[/name_m]

2 Likes

I think all these names sound just fine on a newborn! They’re great names.
[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] with the nn [name_m]Fred[/name_m] or [name_u]Freddie[/name_u].

1 Like

Well, I would be one of those people calling most of these ugly lol. I would only keep [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] and maybe [name_u]Robin[/name_u] because I love [name_u]Robbie[/name_u]. You do you tho !!

I love it!

I love your list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_u]Robin[/name_u] (really fresh and definitely not too old fashioned!), [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]! Maybe you would also like:

[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Eustace[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennet[/name_m]
[name_m]Hendrik[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Lance[/name_m]
[name_m]Todd[/name_m]

1 Like

It’s so very heartening to read that the vast majority don’t think this list of made up of ugly names. I feel understood and like I’m not crazy.

3 Likes

I like a lot of your choices, especially [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Ivan[/name_m], [name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]!

There are nothing wrong with these names, not ugly at all. I think you’re being unfair to them!

I really like [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and [name_u]Ira[/name_u].

I don’t think any of them are ugly, I like a lot of them! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites…

Roland
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]

1 Like

Ira is pretty feminine, but the rest are fine IMO! :grin:

I love most of these! I don’t see any of them as hard stops. A lot of them actually feel pretty fresh/are coming back into style. All are totally usable I think, and even if some people find them old-school, I think they’ll age better and stay more timeless than a lot of trendier names.

My personal favorites: [name_m]Ivan[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_m]Eugene[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Gustav[/name_m]

I can see the case for some of these not quite being ready for a comeback. But [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] strike me as fresh choices for a boy! And I actually know a baby [name_m]Ivan[/name_m], just born this week, so that now suddenly feels like and unexpected but cool choice for a baby boy! [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], your favorite, is still a little old-school, but I think you could just be ahead of the curve with that one – which is NOT a bad thing! Really, any of these are usable! I don’t see an issue with any of them, even if they are still a little old-fashioned. :slight_smile:

Finally, I think [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m], while a little dated, is special because it honors your father and would make a great mn!

Wow I love some of these!

Robin, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Eugene[/name_m], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] & [name_m]Hector[/name_m] are all on my favourites list!

They definitely aren’t ‘ugly’ names for me but I can see why some names like [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] may be unpopular (I used to really dislike the name but now its one of my favourite mainly because I’m in love with the nn [name_u]Gene[/name_u]. Would love to use it but I think I’ll be stopping at 7 children so I probably won’t get the chance!!)

I think you should use whichever name you love! However, if you are concerned about other’s opinions and that will impact your ability to enjoy the name, I think these are the most “usable” from your list:

Ivan
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Louie[/name_u])
[name_m]Marc[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]

I’ve also seen [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] as a super cute nickname for a little boy, with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] being a name he could grow into. :slight_smile:

I don’t think any of these are ugly, and I think some of them are really coming back. I find older names endearing and cute. The only name that I personally think you should ditch is [name_m]Martin[/name_m].

What country are you in? I feel like at least half of these rank in the UK. The only ones I would be surprised to hear on a baby are [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_m]Eugene[/name_m], [name_m]Gustav[/name_m], and [name_u]Ira[/name_u].